Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the 2010 CR-V up and there was a loud noise and vapor shot out under the vehicle behind the front passenger tire. Started again and a noise and the engine died from idle. On consecutive starts it ran fine for about 30 seconds then got rough. I believe the AC pulley engages when the roughness starts(AC is not turned on) and it stays engaged. Pulled the AC relay and it runs fine. I am not that familiar with AC. Compressor? broken line? bad relay? Do ac systems have a pressure release hat blew?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
When you ran the engine. The defrost might be on, this will make the a/c compressor engage. But it looks like you are on the right path. It could be a pressure line that has burst. Most likely its the rubber part of the hose. Follow the a/c line to confirm that it has burst. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
It will not. But if you intent to use the a/c again I would suggest to have it fixed asap as you do not want any dirt going inside the system. Like moisture & dirt. As if you mix moisture with the refrigerant it will turn into hydrochloric acid. Have you traced which hose blew up? Let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts