Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Crv.. 20k ish miles , purchased new.

Back story, over winter had a mouse get into the duct and use cabin air filter as it's nest. That took out the blower motor transistor ($45 fix) dealer wanted almost $500 and tried to double charge on the transistor.

Keep that in mind.

1st warm day here in Michigan and go to turn on ac. No Ac. Looked and sure enough , ac compressor isn't engaging. Checked power at plug, nada.

The only fuse I see labeled "ac" is under steering column. However, pulling that actually cuts power to the blower.

Is there another fuse or relay for the ac compressor itself? Wiring diagram?

While I'm skeptical this is from the mouse, it's still a thought although there's nothing outside the heat/ac vents/ducts that indicate it was actually inside the car. And I find it odd that it would happen to only eat a wire to the ac.

I will take it to dealer absolute worse case, but I know it wouldn't be warrantied if there is indeed some kind of rodent damage.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
There may be a fuse and/or relay in the engine bay. I don't have a 2019, but on most vehicles, there's a water-tight box somewhere under the hood that contains those things. It may be mentioned in the owner's manual too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
On the 5th Gen, it could be the flimsy 24 gauge wiring to the A/C pressure switch by the condenser has broken. Others have found when this happens the compressor won't operate.
Here's photo of the switch taken from another thread:
Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

P.S. You need to silicone a galvanized wire screen over the duct leading to the cabin filter to keep the mice out! You gain access from the outside by removing the cowling cover below the windshield.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Here's another thread about the pressure switch with more pictures:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well everyone, it appears the wires are broken on the AC line as you said. Is this something I should have dealer fix or do myself? Vehicle is under warranty. Seems terribly designed and the vehicle only being a year old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts