Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC compressor seized on my 2007 EX. A Honda factory rep agreed 1/2 the cost of replacement. But now after replacement another issue has developed. The compressor seems to be ON all the time while the AC is running. Before replacement the compressor used to shut down at traffic lights. It would cycle off and on at various times.
The is causing my my MPG to decrease to about 14 from the about 16-17.
Anyone have a clue what's wrong ?

Another small issue is the tech removed a screw or fastener from the windshield washer fluid bottle neck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

~Howard

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like it could be a bad AC relay, which is a common problem on crv's. Try swapping relays with the same type to see if the AC starts working again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it could be a bad AC relay, which is a common problem on crv's. Try swapping relays with the same type to see if the AC starts working again.
AC compressor was REPLACED but now with the new compressor, the AC does not cycle on and off.
The compressor seems to be ON all the time !

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
As what the guys are saying look for the a/c relay. It must be bad contacts are sticking. Do not wait very long as this might fry the new compressor. Let us know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As what the guys are saying look for the a/c relay. It must be bad contacts are sticking. Do not wait very long as this might fry the new compressor. Let us know.
I can't determine which is the correct relay from the diagram on the fuse box cover. Can someone please pinpoint this relay for me.
~Howard

·
Registered
76 Posts
The FSM will really help with this kind of info, especially when you need it in a hurry. I think I got mine for $40 or so on eBay some years ago.

I have an 08 EX, and I have the 07-08 FSM. I verified what I found in the FSM (pg 22-7) with my 08 EX.
When looking at the relay box from the front of the car, there are 3 "columns" of relays, from left to right.
The first column contains 3 relays, the second column contains 4 relays, the third column contains 4 relays.
The relays you want are in the middle column. The first relay in the column (toward the front of the car) is the A/C compressor clutch relay.
The last relay in the column (toward the back of the car) is the A/C condenser fan relay. Both of these relays are identical.
If you look at the underside of the relay box cover, they are the only 2 relays with the * snowflake symbol.
These are the relays you want to swap, or replace.

On my 08, they are 4 pin, charcoal black, labelled: Denso, 156700-2680, 12v, 3K-18.
BTW, all of the 5 charcoal black relays in my relay box are identical. So, you should have 5 relays to choose/swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts