Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC went hot suddenly while driving on freeway. First think was to check the refrigerant level. It actually measured very high. I looked at fuses and they were fine. The air is still blowing at a normal pressure. Checked cabin air filter and it still was blowing hot air. Mind you I don't know much about cars. In reading and looking at pictures/videos is it possible that my compressor clutch fell off? When I look at pictures of a new compressor the clutch part doesn't look right at all. I'll try to get a picture posted on here.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
What year do you have? That will help us diagnose your problem. I know that the 2nd gens are prone to compressor failures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the clutch is on there. I was just not looking deep enough in the car. Haha. It isn't engaging. I have a 2008. Pretty sure that's one of the years that have issues.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would suggest going to one of your local auto service centers, (not the dealership), maybe NAPA/FIRESTONE etc. and ask them to check your ac Freon. Good luck and BTW, thanks for joining the forum, glad to have you.
David g. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts