Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac just stop working. I woul not ask question but it stoped working suddenly. There was no noise from compressor that would indicate that it just died. This is why l,m supprised. is there a way to verify that?
The blower is working and lights is showing it is working also also

2005 Crv.

·
Registered
772 Posts
All of the AC switches and indicators can and will still work when the Freon drops low enough to cut off the system. My suspect would be for some reason the Freon has dropped below enough pressure that the compressor has stopped working, which it is supposed to do. You might check for any TSB OR RECALL on this problem, JMHO and good luck.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Southwinds,

Is there a way to check this by my self to verify if the level of Freon is low or normal??

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes, the least expensive (32.00) is go to WalMart auto section where the oil/filter section is, in that isle find the tall can of AC R134 that has a small gauge on top, go home and read the directions two times, start the car, turn on ac as normal, hook up the hose from the can and follow directions. When you start to add Freon, the compressor should kick on..Good luck and let me know your progress.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeaa, I did something. I brouth my crv to firestone garage and they said:
There is no pressure and then, they put a little of A134 and found leaking on the compressor.
This cost me ten bucks.
So, compressor must be replaced.
I need instruction how to do it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yes, the least expensive (32.00) is go to WalMart auto section where the oil/filter section is, in that isle find the tall can of AC R134 that has a small gauge on top, go home and read the directions two times, start the car, turn on ac as normal, hook up the hose from the can and follow directions. When you start to add Freon, the compressor should kick on..Good luck and let me know your progress.
That is not the least expensive. Walmart has the hose and gauge for $14.99 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Quest-401GCS-Recharge-Hose-Gauge-Handle/139853906). You then buy the Freon for $4.88 per can. I did this a couple of weeks ago on another car.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Look o youtube for a video on replacing that compressor. It is not an easy task and requires special tools to evacuate the freon, etc.
Any chance the leak at the compressor can be fixed?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is there a sight glass atop the drier can in the AC system.

With the AC switches all on, run the system then shut it off while viewing the sight glass.

If you've got refrigerant in the system bubbles will appear at shutdown. If no bubbles appear at shutdown, then no refrigerant is present.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Is there a sight glass atop the drier can in the AC system.
I've never seen a factory R134 system that used a sight gauge...

I use a professional shop when it comes to A/C work. Don't want to harm the environment or waste $$$ by releasing gas into the atmosphere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Compressor replacement isn't too bad. Gotta remove alot of stuff like the bumper and radiator. If your system is empty, then you can crack her open and get to work. Even if there was still refrigerant in there, a shop should do it for next to nothing. I had mine evacuated for free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts