Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May this be my formal hello to all on this forum. Thank you all for being apart of a community that's so considerate and helpful. I wish I could return the favors that yall give with my own helpfulness but in this topic im pretty useless.
Now what I'm trying to fix is my AC but there are enough things wrong with my 2003 crv to make it difficult to find what exactly has made the AC blower stop working. My main focus has been trying to find a short that I'm confident exists. Whenever ran through water quickly it immediately loses power steering, the battery light would come on and pretty much all electronics would flicker for maybe 20 seconds after leaving the water. After this went on for a few months my AC completely went out after another drive through a puddle.
The voltage across and to the AC blower both checked out fine. Same for the transistor. The fan against the grill on the driver side of the car (my dad and I disagree on what it is) starts then immediately stops when the car is turned on with the ac on. The voltage to the fan when this happens increases then decreases at the same rate at which the fan turns on then off.
The AC is my first priority right now but I also have an issue when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd. The car feels like it disengages 1st then with my foot still on the gas the revs shoot up quickly then it finds 2nd accompanied by a violent lurch. Similar to a bad gear shift on a manual transmission (way too familiar with that). It happens almost randomly but seems to be more frequent when accelerating slowly but will also happen every once in a while when accelerating quickly. Mostly happens when the engine hasn't been ran in a few hours or longer. Ive gotten pretty good at feeling it before it happens and letting of the gas early enough to allow the revs to drop before finding 2nd. I understand replacing the transmission is probably what will need to happen but Ive heard of an issue with Hondas that sounds almost identical that can be fixed by replacing a solenoid and flushing the transmission with a certain product.
And finally according to my check engine light error code p0453 my FTP for the fuel tank isn't working but I really don't mind it all that much since I don't ever drive very far.

The AC is what I would really like to now how to fix. The other issues ive thrown in to maybe shed some light on the condition of the car or maybe I thought yall might know of some strange connection between the issues. Ill be posting another thread for those issues if I don't figure them out in the next week.
Thanks for reading all of this in the first place.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I can't really help with the issues you have. The one thing I am wondering is if the water is getting into the engine bay and making the serpentine belt slip. The A/C, power steering and alternator are all driven by one belt. It sounds like maybe that is your issue as to why everything stops when it gets wet.

As for the A/C, the 2002-2004 models are known for having the compressor implode on itself and screw up the entire A/C system. Your issues might not be directly related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts