Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a problem with my AC that I haven't been able to figure out.

About a month ago, it started only intermittently blowing cold air. I check the compressor and it seems to be working. The clutch catches and seems to be functioning.

After I checked that, I recharged the freon and it blew cold for about a day. Now it is no longer blowing any cold air.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for fixes at home or should I just take to a mechanic?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the compressor still engage when you turn on the A/C ? If no, inspect all the A/C hoses and the condenser for "wet" spots. The A/C system uses a small amount of special oil to keep the compressor lubricated, it will form a "wet" area if there is a leak. The only place you won't be able to see is the evaporator, which is enclosed in a housing. If it blew cold air after you put some freon in it then there is a good chance you have a leak.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,602 Posts
The OP has an '07. These Vs had A/C compressor clutch issues.

A SEARCH might reveal more, but ISTR that intermittent cooling was an indicator of compressor clutch wear. There is a gap you can check. You can replace the clutch without disconnecting the refrigerant lines, too.

BUT:

With A/C, you really need to properly diagnose the system. What were your system pressures before & after adding R134? Remember, an overcharged system won't cool as well as a properly charged one.

If you can't answer the questions, bring the car to a mechanic...:rolleyes:

·
Not-a-Mechanic
408 Posts
With AC it's usually best to pay a pro.
Definitely check the suggested clutch issue, could be all it needs.
It's never a good idea to just dump in more gas, if it's leaked out, it needs repaired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts