Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compressor clutch is not engaging. After removing the relay, checked the relay port connection for voltage and ground. With the key on, I have voltage in two connections but no ground. Do I have a faulty relay and fuse box or it could be something else? Do I need to have ground and power to close the relay in order to start the compressor clutch?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question about the ground, but my previous 2009 CRV had the same problem as you are experiencing. While I was at the dealer for service, I asked the mechanic about it. He swapped relays from another component, and the compressor started to work. He then got a new relay out of parts and charged me for the relay only. I was tickled with the bill!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The darker brass colored pins are your load side one pin need 12 volts the other pin is the wire going to the compressor.The lighter colored pins are the control side one pin you need 12 volts the other you need a ground when the A/C switch is on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts