Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughters AC got really weak on her 99 V. Everything under the hood checked out. Compressor running, condenser fan running. So I opened the cabin air filter compartment. One tube evaporator coil was ice cold and frosty. The other warm. So I New I wasn’t getting cold gas through the evaporator which means the thermal expansion valve is bad. I could also hear a squirting swishing sort of noise as the gas was trying to get through the TX valve. I Got a Denso OE part for about $20 online along with a charging kit for about $50. All the videos on line show pulling the evaporator out to change this part. But I didn’t want to break the lines at the firewall for fear they may not seal back or I’d get dirt into the system. So I just pulled the blower out, and you have almost full access to the TX valve. I used a vibrating trim saw to cut a slot in the evaporator plastic case to access the top nut on the sense line. I cut it like a flap. So I closed it when done and sealed it with a flex seal tape patch. I didn’t do a video but I snapped a few pic that I thought my help someone else down the road.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts