Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 02 CR-V and the AC is broke. The clutch does not engage and it is likely due to low psi. It will not hold any PSI at all. I tried filling with freon and it runs out. I can hear it running out down by compressor but It is difficult to see where the leak is. Does anyone have any experience with a case like this? Is it likely my compressor?

·
Registered
358 Posts
compressed air,with a valve core tool same as for tires take the low side core out and pump compressed air in to find the leak ,that will add moisture to the system but sounds like it is saturated with moisture already if its open ,whatever gets replaced , the drier should be replaced also ,its on the side of the condenser ,or get a new condenser that usually comes with the drier , make sure the system is pulled to negative 29 inches for a half hour minimum before adding oil and refrigerant ,if the drier and vacuum system isn't done it wont last long

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The correct way to find a leak is to get a can of ultraviolet refrigerant, put it in the system and use an ultraviolet light in the darkness to find your leak. The special refrigerant has a dye that is visible in ultraviolet light. Any number of things can cause a leak in an A/C system--a bad compressor seal, dried-out o-rings, leaky Schraeder valves, even broken aluminum pipes or hoses. Professional shops have a different kind of leak detector, but the end result is the same--they can positively identify any leaks in the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts