Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Honda CR-V 2002 Lx 2wd. One morning I started ignition and the engine started accelerating erratically. Rpm as high as 5k then back down again. Was not pressing on any pedals, check cruise control it was off. Floor mats not near any of the pedals. My wife was in passenger seat witnessed it. Car was still on park and parking brake still on. We were inside garage about to back up. After couple of seconds I shut off the car, restarted and it started fine. Problem has not recurred so far. 1st time occurred. Drove the crv with no problems. When got home started researching about problem and search results show "unintended sudden acceleration." Could this be an early sign or related? Any help much appreciated. Will be taking car to dealership asap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also found what sounds like similar problem under "idle air control valve " problems. Could this mot likely be it?

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Usually the IAC valve will not cause the idle speed to get up to 5K, AFAIK.
Check for free movement of the cruise control cable and the throttle cable. Perhaps the accelerator linkage is sticking in a certain spot at times. If it does it again, try tapping the accelerator pedal sharply several times.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts