Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new CRV EX. question how do you get out of Accessory mode w/o having to go up higher to ON position to turn off mode?
see below
Thanks

0 LOCK: Insert and remove the key
in this position.
(q ACCESSORY: Operate the audio system
and other accessories in this position.
(w ON: This is the position when driving.

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but no i t goes into ON mode (not engine start but ON mode pushing again,) so in essence your pushing twice then and lights flash outside and all electrical turns on. Not like good olde days with a key, you just pull back to turn of accessories..

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum! FYI - please go to your Account settings, where you'll find spaces to enter your location (city, state) and vehicles info (year, trim level, etc.). Enter these and save. Then the info will display in your Avatar, like you see it in mine. This will help us help you when, like now, you don't give us all the information we need to help.

Moving to Gen 5 section.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
thanks but no i t goes into ON mode (not engine start but ON mode pushing again,) so in essence your pushing twice then and lights flash outside and all electrical turns on. Not like good olde days with a key, you just pull back to turn of accessories..
Is it really that arduous to push a button twice?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, just push the start button twice to turn it off. That's keyless for you. It can't have on and off option with one push. Impossible. In other words, if the engine is not running, the next logical step is to get it running.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes, just push the start button twice to turn it off. That's keyless for you. It can't have on and off option with one push. Impossible.
Unless that did it with a long push???? You know, push and hold?

Reactions: SnakeCharmer

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Send that suggestion to Honda. Be a hero and change the world as we know it! (y)
Yeah, I don't see that as a big issue. Just push the button a second time, not really that hard. 🚗

Reactions: SnakeCharmer

·
Super Moderator
1997 185, 2002 EX, 2017 EX-L
2,339 Posts
no that is a gopro be a hero.

remember you can run the bat for 30 minutes off acc. WHY!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently bought a new CRV EX. question how do you get out of Accessory mode w/o having to go up higher to ON position to turn off mode?
see below
Thanks

Same thing happens to me.
From Accessory mode, push once - Ignition On mode, Push again - '(dummy) put foot on pedal'. Push again OFF. 3x. One push should be sufficient.
I find the keyless and other features to be not fully developed.

Examples:
Connecting phone either before or after engine started, 'No device connected'. Reconnect several times to be recognized.
Exit vehicle with all doors fully closed - BEEP BEEP BEEP. Close door again - BEEP BEEP BEEP. Slam door (just short of damage) - silence.
Touch door handle - sometimes doors open, sometimes nothing happens. Must press OPEN.
BRAKES SLAMMED ON while driving alone on four lane road with no cars nearby. NOT considered a fault by Honda.
Touch screen occasionally fails to recognize any (bare finger) touch.
To turn on radio requires 3 or more selections. No way to select radio as default.
There is a very nice clock display - buried somewhere in the deep menu tree. I prefer it to the standard default screen - NO DEVICE CONNECTED. No way to select as default.

Dealer wants car for several days to diagnose problems.

I am NOT an enthusiastic Honda owner.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I recently bought a new CRV EX. question how do you get out of Accessory mode w/o having to go up higher to ON position to turn off mode?...
I wondered the same thing when I first got my 2019 CRV EX.

Yes, it's not a big deal to push the START/STOP button twice. But it feels wrong to needlessly activate all the ignition electronics -- especially since my foot is off the brake, so I'm not starting the car.

Of course maybe there are instances when you'd want the ignition ON with the engine off. But I think that's a less-likely scenario if you've been in Accessory mode for a few minutes (e.g., listening to the radio).

So maybe someday Honda will put Accessory mode on a timer -- after, say 2 minutes, with your foot off the brake, you'd only push the button once to shutoff Accessory mode.

OK, it's an added complication. Never mind. :)

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wondered the same thing when I first got my 2019 CRV EX.

Yes, it's not a big deal to push the START/STOP button twice. But it feels wrong to needlessly activate all the ignition electronics -- especially since my foot is off the brake, so I'm not starting the car.

Of course maybe there are instances when you'd want the ignition ON with the engine off. But I think that's a less-likely scenario if you've been in Accessory mode for a few minutes (e.g., listening to the radio).

So maybe someday Honda will put Accessory mode on a timer -- after, say 2 minutes, with your foot off the brake, you'd only push the button once to shutoff Accessory mode.

OK, it's an added complication. Never mind. :)
Exactly thank you... it’s unnecessary to have to go up and turn on all the electronics just to turn off accessory radio that was my point at least you understand I appreciate it ...it’s not a matter of pushing it twice I have no problem with that I have a problem with all the bells and whistles going off doing so

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
see below
Thanks

0 LOCK: Insert and remove the key
in this position.
(q ACCESSORY: Operate the audio system
and other accessories in this position.
(w ON: This is the position when driving.
You are comparing a 3 point switch (key-start) with a button (keyless) here when trying to compare old with new. Apples and oranges. You know own an orange.. so.. time to learn to peel oranges. :p

Let me just offer that when you purchase a new vehicle.. it is incumbent on you to spend some quality time reading the short version manual (which is still hundreds of pages) to familiarize yourself with the features of your vehicle you intend to drive. :)

Honda has implemented keyless entry and start across their product lines and has done so in a consistent manner. But if you are coming from an old key-entry/key-start vehicle... then you have some learning to do about keyless and how it does and does not work.

Change sucks.. even for people who consider themselves to be "change agents". But "change embraced" becomes the "new normal". Don't make me pull out any "buggy whip" memes on you. :D

Good luck.. you will get the hang of it.. and once you do.. you will not regret losing your old mechanical key start system. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Exactly thank you... it’s unnecessary to have to go up and turn on all the electronics just to turn off accessory radio that was my point at least you understand I appreciate it ...it’s not a matter of pushing it twice I have no problem with that I have a problem with all the bells and whistles going off doing so
I completely agree. Getting all the electronics going then shutting down before boot sequence is complete is never a good idea, particularly in computerized systems. So I don't like the 2nd press turns it all on either. A little while ago the screen on my 2020 head unit was completely frozen while driving. It was both annoying and concerning at the time. Sure enough, the issue happened because I had pushed the button a third time to turn it off, the started again. The system hadn't booted completely the first time, causing issue when I did start again.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Just because some system in a motor vehicle works differently than you might prefer =/= a flaw or defect.

And where Honda is concerned.... they very much come across, persistently, as deliberate and mindful as to why they design things the way they do.

Owner understanding, awareness, and acceptance though is an entirely different ball of snakes to contend with. :)

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once again you’re not seeing the big picture Mr Dark Knight ..it’s not the labor of pushing a button twice be serious it’s a matter of going into a higher mode and turning all your electronics on just to turn off the lower mode , there’s no reason for that .it’s a flaw get it? But it is what it is MoveOn!
Thanks all , no mas!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts