Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really don’t see a problem. This applies to literally all cars with a keyless ignition. My Prius has over 160k and I haven’t seen any problems with it and I do this often because when I switch my car off when I get to work, I switch it to accessory mode immediately so I can listen to the radio for a few more minutes before going into work. No problem at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently bought a new CRV EX. question how do you get out of Accessory mode w/o having to go up higher to ON position to turn off mode?
see below
Thanks

0 LOCK: Insert and remove the key
in this position.
(q ACCESSORY: Operate the audio system
and other accessories in this position.
(w ON: This is the position when driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
With all this discussion of the Honda start button behavior, has anybody compared it with any other manufacturer's start button, rather than criticize the OP for questioning why it isn't designed differently? I can tell you that our 15 Ford Escape that we recently traded for the 20 CRV had the exact same behavior. I suspect it is very common, if not widespread within the automotive industry for the start button to work this way.

Like superzar said, sheesh...
My 2012 Jaguar XJL operates differently. Without actually starting the car, there are only two modes, rather than 3. It is either ON or OFF. Pushing the start button without the pedal, turns the car on(turns on everything, including the climate control). Obviously, that would drain the battery relatively quickly, and to avoid battery drain, it will automatically turn off after about 10 minutes. If you just want to listen to the radio, without pushing the start button, all you need to do is press the on/off button on the radio. I have installed after market push to start systems in a 99 CR-V and a 2007 Nissan. They operate the same as described by the OP.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts