Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is there a way to extend the time that the car will stay in accessory mode before shutting off? My husband and I went to the drive-in recently, and had the car in accessory mode so we could use the radio for the movie audio without having to leave the car running. However, the car shut down several times over the course of the movie (I believe it was every hour), which required me to get out of the back and go around to the front to turn it back on. It would be helpful if there was a way to prevent this!

Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Was probably designed this way to prevent people from running their car batteries all the way down.
You're better off buying a portable speaker for your purposes rather than risk not being able to start your car without a jump.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Was probably designed this way to prevent people from running their car batteries all the way down.
You're better off buying a portable speaker for your purposes rather than risk not being able to start your car without a jump.
You are exactly right. It's designed that way, so people don't kill their battery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts