Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX White Diamond Pearl
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to play the radio without starting the engine? My Honda Ridgeline can if you press the start button without pressing the brake pedal but it did not work with my CRV. I tried using my manual but maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
2017 EX White Diamond Pearl
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rob. Just ran out and tried it. I swear I tried pushing it more than once but maybe I did it too fast or slow... anyway thanks again.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Thank you Rob. Just ran out and tried it. I swear I tried pushing it more than once but maybe I did it too fast or slow... anyway thanks again.
No problem, your welcome. BTW If I remember correctly a third press puts it in another mode.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Only way It works is if you are in drive or reverse ( not in park) Press ignition off - than move to park. Goes directly to accessory mode
That works on 5th Gen CRVs in Canada but not in US, which has different logic. Moving to Park will kill the accessory power. If you want to leave accessory power on uninterrupted after shutting off the engine, press the Power button once but do not shift to Park. To prevent the vehicle from rolling, keep foot on brake pedal or apply the e-brake. If you forget to shift to Park before leaving the vehicle there are audio and visual reminders when you open the driver's door.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Only way It works is if you are in drive or reverse ( not in park) Press ignition off - than move to park. Goes directly to accessory mode
Yep - before putting the car in Park, press the ignition button and then put the car in park - engine will turn off but radio etc will stay on...
This doesn't seem to be the case with US delivered CR-Vs. Not sure why.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That works on 5th Gen CRVs in Canada but not in US, which has different logic.............

USA Honda goobers have zero logic.:Loco:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts