Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dayum!.......giving you/installing 2 different heater types.....sounds like Honda is bending over backwards. Not sure how Honda could change the coolant flow???? I cant say I understand the mechanical details but my understanding is that the coolant flow is controlled in some way. As far as the block heaters are concerned, they were supposed to remove the original block heater but didn't. I am glad they didn't. In my area many of the hotels have cycling vehicle plug in power receptacles. I am not sure how that would affect the interior warmer as it starts and stops every second or two though DEFA tells me that it shouldn't bother it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has anybody had any satisfaction in remediating the cabin heat problem? The heat has never been strong, but it's worse than ever now. It takes forever for the temperature gauge to reach operating temperature, and as soon as you turn the heat on, the coolant temperature gauge plummets, and there is little to no cabin heat. The gauge only rises again under acceleration, and as soon as you stop at a light or coast, it plummets again and there is no heat. In case you're wondering, this isn't only occurring in extreme cold, this happens in 40+ degree weather. The only time the heater actually works and the engine maintains operating temperature is when it's so warm you don't need heat! According to Honda, everything is operating normally. Has anybody had any success in getting Honda to fix this problem? Is it too late for a lemon law buyback on a 2017?
sound a lot like my '62 VW Beetle convertible!

·
Registered
26 Posts
all I can say is in cy2019 or at least with my late 11/19 build they must of remedied this issue. our V heats up pretty quick, and I have nothing to say negatively towards that aspect. is it as quick as my 19' ram v8? not quite, but certainly within my perceived 'SPECS".

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Virtually any "V" shaped block will heat coolant faster than an "I" shaped block.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts