Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2015 Touring with about 7000 miles on it. We enjoy the car, no problems other than the strange performance of the Adaptive Cruise Control system. I have searched this forum and searched the web for this situation and find very limited information. Here is the situation: When I have the ACC set for a cruising speed, and I come upon a slower vehicle, the car slows down to maintain the correct distance. That's fine. But if I move into another empty lane the ACC system senses this and accelerates at a very high rate, like it is mashing the accelerator to the floor. The RPM's shoot up to 4000 RPM or more. I don't drive like this myself, I would accelerate at a more reasonable rate. Is this a known problem with this system? Has Honda acknowledge the problem? Is there a fix for this? It would seem that the acceleration rate is controlled by the computer, so it should be possible to change this acceleration rate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same problem on a 2015 CRV touring with 25,000 miles. I believe it should be reprogrammed because it does not make sense.

·
Registered
579 Posts
As already stated by Downloader, that the way cruise works. I hate it. Don't use cruise in traffic. Never mind the adaptive cc or regular. Depend on your own skills.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the exact same problem and don't use adaptive cruise control for that reason. What a shame. It really works well until you resume the speed initially set.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Same observation/complaint on my three-day-old 2016.

In non-adaptive mode, the cruise control resumes at a rate of acceleration like that of non-ACC equipped models. "Normally" with ECON mode off and at a reduced rate of acceleration with ECON mode on.

In adaptive mode, however, the cruise control accelerates at the same rate whether ECON mode is on or off.

Personally, I would prefer the ACC accelerate "normally" with ECON off and "slowly" with ECON on just like in non-adaptive mode. With any luck, Honda will correct or change this behavior in the future. Such rapid acceleration is counter to the goal of the ECON mode.

Speaking of ECON mode, I find no significant difference in fuel economy whether it is on or off. For relaxed driving, however, I prefer to leave it on because I prefer the accelerator not be so touchy and I like how the transmission hold the RPMs down. This is how I'm used to the vehicle driving. Occasionally, it's fun to turn ECON off and select Sport mode since it makes the vehicle feel fast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and guess what's going on. With ACC when a car in front of you speeds up the ACC "probably" accelerates rapidly in order to quickly reduce the following distance to the programmed distance to provide less time for another vehicle to jump in front of you. That same programming is kicking in you switch lanes where there is no other vehicle in front of you. There are actually two cases here and the programming should allow for that.

Case 1: Car in front of you changes speed. Adjust to it as quickly as possible.
Case 2: No car in front of you (lane change perhaps). Adjust to it in a normal fashion.

Call Honda support and ask them to find out how the programming works. It could be an oversight bug.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a bit of the topic but i just added a civic 2016 on my honda collection. The adaptive cruise control on the civic can go still active until full stop and then resume the set speed when the car in front starts to move. While crv is limited to 40kph then disables the adaptive cruise control and your on your own. Civic 2016 also supports apple car play :( , civic also now have auto hold brake so when you stop on trafic you can take out your foot from the brake pedal and brake will auto apply until you press on the gas pedal and brake will disengage and it will release the brake. Civic has replaced manual foot break with push button switch and located near the shift drive. Civic also comes with aTurbo. When you left your keys in the trunk the trunk pops open. Civic now comes with auto lock when it sense that you left the car unlock and car fob with the driver it locks itself and lasting the Audio/stereo and speakers are far better than crv no need to add subwoofers and mid range is so clear balanced on the tweeter

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is a bit of the topic but i just added a civic 2016 on my honda collection. The adaptive cruise control on the civic can go still active until full stop and then resume the set speed when the car in front starts to move. While crv is limited to 40kph then disables the adaptive cruise control and your on your own. Civic 2016 also supports apple car play :( , civic also now have auto hold brake so when you stop on trafic you can take out your foot from the brake pedal and brake will auto apply until you press on the gas pedal and brake will disengage and it will release the brake. Civic has replaced manual foot break with push button switch and located near the shift drive. Civic also comes with aTurbo. When you left your keys in the trunk the trunk pops open. Civic now comes with auto lock when it sense that you left the car unlock and car fob with the driver it locks itself and lasting the Audio/stereo and speakers are far better than crv no need to add subwoofers and mid range is so clear balanced on the tweeter
My brother bought a 2016 Civic Touring a few months ago. It's very nice for a small car and has loads of technology for the price. The next generation CR-V, whether it arrives later this year or next year, will be built on the Civic platform and have at least one turbocharged engine option. One interesting omission from the new Civic is that no model comes with HomeLink. When it works, his audio system does sound better than the CR-V - mostly deeper bass - but it plagued with problems. Lots of Touring model owners are complaining of disappearing audio and popping sounds. My brother's Civic has both. Honda has a software update to address the disappearing audio (which is not working for some), but no solution yet for the LOUD popping sounds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The audio problems only affect the Touring trim, which has a different audio system than the other trims.
Uh, nope....

The 2015 and 2016 EX-L with nav and Touring share the same exact audio with nav system and components.

The audio unit with nav part number is: 39101-T1W-A61. The rest of the part numbers (speakers, amp, antenna, etc., match 100% as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Uh, nope....

The 2015 and 2016 EX-L with nav and Touring share the same exact audio with nav system and components.

The audio unit with nav part number is: 39101-T1W-A61. The rest of the part numbers (speakers, amp, antenna, etc., match 100% as well.
Our discussion was about the audio system in the Civic, not the CR-V. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts