Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a couple of teens in the back seats last night and was wishing for some extra charging. Was thinking on the back side of the console? Have any of you done this ?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Seems to me I read a post recently about doing that. Was more or less just a wire with an adapter on the end which incorporated more ports that you could hang out the back from under the lid. Thought it said the lid had an area in the seal that would allow the cord to come out too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to me I read a post recently about doing that. Was more or less just a wire with an adapter on the end which incorporated more ports that you could hang out the back from under the lid. Thought it said the lid had an area in the seal that would allow the cord to come out too.
I ended up just extending the wire to the back seat for the girls, was thinking of taping into the power in the console and mounting an outlet on the back side of the console. (thats the way most of them are now that I see)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sounds reasonable, take pics when you do it so we all can see how it's done.

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
My 16 has a power outlet inside the console. Just get a good power outlet/usb plug and a couple of wires and bingo happy passengers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like 2.5-amp 2nd-row USB Charging Ports are on trim levels EX and above.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 16 has a power outlet inside the console. Just get a good power outlet/usb plug and a couple of wires and bingo happy passengers.
Yes thats the plan, I'll tap into power from one of them. more interested in taking apart the console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts