Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great idea! Did you do a test fit putting it under the "AWD"? Then you'd have a balanced tailgate, with CR-V over paws, and AWD over turbo.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just my IMO but I think it looks a little tacky and cheap. Kinda like when people add an 'M' logo to their non-M BMW's or adding an 'AMG' to a non-AMG Mercedes. I get that it actually as a turbo, but still...It might look better with you replaced the AWD or CRV logo with it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my IMO but I think it looks a little tacky and cheap. Kinda like when people add an 'M' logo to their non-M BMW's or adding an 'AMG' to a non-AMG Mercedes. I get that it actually as a turbo, but still...It might look better with you replaced the AWD or CRV logo with it.
no it would be like adding a turbo emblem to a non turbo CRV. Its a turbo so the emblem stays. If Honda attached it on would it still be 'tacky'?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think its your car and if you want a "Turbo" emblem then you should have it! And you can also stick it anywhere you want.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
653 Posts
2 logos on the lift gate is enough for me, 3 is overkill. And if Honda did add it, they would probably add it underneath the CRV logo but hey it's your car so.....
I think it looks pretty good; don't know if I'd place it in a different spot or not. It's his car, so if he wants to put Smurf stickers on it, that's fine with me. Would give me something to grin at while stopping in traffic. ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The location was twofold. I was going to put it near the other two but it looked too busy, AND I have a black paint(undercoating) speck up near the edge so instead of looking too busy it taped up up top to cover the speck and thought it looks great there.. :) Not too busy and covering the speck!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and by the way, the 'paw' is a Penn state magnetic thing and it not permanent. Our Son is a PSU student and my wife wants it on her car. :)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts