Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Are they two badges or one joined together? What's good about this badge is that the "Turbo" badge follows the same font type as the "turbo" badge inside the engine bay.
Yeah, I'd like to know if they are separate as well. Because our turbo engine is not a vtec (right?)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know if they are separate as well. Because our turbo engine is not a vtec (right?)
The 1.5 Turbo is not a VTEC

·
Registered
653 Posts
View attachment 86314

Here is mine...........same location as the Touring Emblem...Found it on Ebay
The contrast of that emblem looks good against the black CRV. So far, I think it's the best option for my silver EX -- as I don't have the AWD or TOURING emblems. Have to wait and see what else someone pops up with.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You and the video are mistaken, the 1.5T engine is not a VTEC or iVTEC engine. Honda does not state anywhere in their press releases that the 1.5T has any VTEC functionality.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
You and the video are mistaken, the 1.5T engine is not a VTEC or iVTEC engine. Honda does not state anywhere in their press releases that the 1.5T has any VTEC functionality.
Im not claiming anything. Honda is.. ya know, the people who actually MAKE the engine. Maybe its not a vtec(I really don't care) but then why would they show it as on the vid?

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts

Honda's own specs list the turbo as having dual variable valve timing aka vtec.

http://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/releases/2017-honda-cr-v-powertrain?page=13

While is is not called vtec in NA on the turbo models from my reading it operates on the same principles and uses a lot the the same components.

This may explain why they call it vtec in Europe.

·
Registered
653 Posts
From Honda.com

Vehicle specifications shows the LX has I-VTEC
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2017/CR-V/specs#mid^RW5H3HEW

For EX and up, 16 valve DOHC:
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2017/CR-V/specs#mid^RW1H5HJW

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sure thing. My truck or CR-V? I won't be able to get to it until Sunday at the earliest if the project I'm committed to goes smoothly. I don't have any before pictures, but I can for sure post pictures of all of it gone. CR-V there were two that I removed. The "AWD" emblem and "CR-V" emblem. I thought about even removing the "H" logo, but it is in an inset and wouldn't look right, so I left it.
I would be interested in seeing your crv back in debadged state. Are the two badges you removed simply glued on with good paint below? Also considering how to de-emphasize the large horizontal chrome with the H emblem. Maybe body color decal or paint?

61 - 80 of 117 Posts