Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!

Ive been poking around a few scrap yards and a U-pick yard looking for a home link to add to my CRV,but to my despair not much luck. Finally I gave in and Purchased one on FLEABay tonight. Removed my old unit first to check plug and pins for proper fit of course. One has to complete due diligence. But It would seem I feel a little uneasy with my purchase as Ive never done this swap before and it is coming halfway across the country to me and there might be something I didn't consider. So my question to any who it may concern is. Have you done this before and what issues if any did you run into?

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Funny thing is I found a home link that would fit the newer Hondas when I was at the U-Pick. Got it out of an Odyssey. After Picking at it a bit I discovered that the home link in these units are a module that can be easily pulled and added to another overhead unit. Only cost me 15 bucks, they only charged me for an interior piece. For that price I figured I couldn't lose. Finding one to fit an 06 CRV well that was proving to be dam near impossible. Even while searching on Ebay the one I bought was really the only one I could find that looked to be suitable. Guess Ill put the home link that I did get from the U-pick up and recover some of my money.

H4L thanks for the feedback. Ill drop a couple pics in the thread when it comes in case anyone else might be trying this.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I say newer hondas I mean newer than mine, 2006. So May or may not be work for a HRV. but I know will work for a 3rd gen 07 CRV as long as there is no sun roof. you just simply swap out the center moduel. Hondas are fairly new to me I'm learning as I go. Good thing my old man is a mechanic for 35+ years. I guess you could say its in my blood :)

Here are a couple pics of the unit.

The front side.
home link front.jpg

Back side with 10 pin connector.
home link pins.jpg

Cheers
ZAZE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts