Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, I added a homelink module to my 17 CRV LX overhead
it works but cannot get the leds lights on the button to illuminate. I guess the harness in the overhead did not have it.
is there a way I can add that wire from somewhere ? Maybe tap the harness underneath the drivers side and run the wire behind the panel up to the overhead
please help on which wire I could tap to add the illumination to my Homelink module.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is this the same HomeLink module that goes in the roof console next to the microphone?

If so, pins 1 and 4 need to be connected for the button lighting to work.

Pin 1 is the variable ground - dims/brightens the lights.
Pin 4 is 12v + when the headlamp switch is on.

Because you don't have a sunroof, you'll need to run these wires yourself.

The pic below is of my 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The base is from a 2016 Civic, the sunroof switch is from a 2013 Civic Si and HomeLink module is from an Accord. I have a Pioneer microphone installed we're the OEM microphone would go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the moon roof or the red ambient light on my overhead
I hook up the homelink module it works but I do not have the wiring for pin 4 so the buttons does not illuminate .
I check every wire in the harness, nothing works
I am asking how to run the wire i need the head amp switch wire
from where can I tap that wire from /

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which wire could I tap into for illumination under dashboard wire harnesses

Have a 2017 CRV LX I added a Homelink module to the overhead
I want to add illumination to the buttons on the Homelink module I added, but there is no wire in overhead for illumination (I check all wires).
I would need to run a wire from under the drivers side dashboard I guess to add the illumination to the buttons on HOMELINK
Can someone direct me to which wire harness under the dash I could tap into for illumination?
Looking the wire that lights up the dashboard gauges or the dashboard buttons.

Pease help me if you can ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts