Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 LX and doesn’t have the LED running lights in the headlights, has anyone found a way to add them or is the only option swapping to EX headlights?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Easy break down.

Its not the headlights themselves, its controlled the electronics. Doesnt matter what headlight you have installed if system is not wired for it, they arent going to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy break down.

Its not the headlights themselves, its controlled the electronics. Doesnt matter what headlight you have installed if system is not wired for it, they arent going to work.

I’m not afraid of wiring if that’s what it takes.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
310 Posts
Daytime running lights is like having lights on all the time. Just tap it to the fuse box with a fuse that is powered when ignition is on like Aux or cig plug. Really theres no need to hook up to the ecu wiring.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Oh aftermarket.

Thats gravy.

Make sure to use a harness that has an inline relay and fuse. Not a direct wire. Burn up a fuse box if something goes wrong. Instead run the relay activation wire to a fuse that turns on when ignition is on. It only powers a relay so very little draw.

I run my aftermarket fog lights this way. Except to a headlight fuse so only on when headlights are on. Works great

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I’m guessing I’m gonna need EX lights regardless, cause the LX headlights don’t have the leds in them?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm cheap, lazy and adhere to KISS. My Miata doesn't have DRLs and they are needed more on a little bitty car than on a larger one. When I drive it, I leave the headlights on low beam. If I forget to turn them off, I hear a beep when I open the door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m guessing I’m gonna need EX lights regardless, cause the LX headlights don’t have the leds in them?
Did you end up finding a way to add the led DRLs to your LX model or did you end up replacing with EX lights? Curious because I'm trying to do the same thing in my 2016 CRV SE.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As a suggestion....

Buy / Install factory font fog lights (if not already installed), replace its Halogen bulbs with low Wattage LED bulbs, at each light assembly connect 1 x pin to frame ground, connect other pin to thick 12 gauge 12 Volt wire. Pull 1 x 12 gauge wire into the inner cabin (creating hole in rubber grommet above gas peddle area), then using Add-A-Fuse connect this single power wire to rear wiper fuse (found under left side of driver's fuse box area). Connect into factory Rear Wiper factory fuse using add-a-fuse insert. One can also add optional inline 12 Volt manual switch - if they want to turn the front fog lights off / on. Best of all.... One can keep fog lights ON during high beam usage as well. Win-Win in my books. And, this works great on my wife's 2014 CRV AWD.

Note: If using LED bulbs and thick 12 gauge wire, no 12 volt relay is needed. Simply connect using 7.5 amp add-a-fuse insert.

For wiring diagram, see attachment.

FOG Light mod - very simple method.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts