Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 CR-V so I can now sell my 98. Not being used to the new-fangled complexities of the 06, I tried to get a second key made for it today. I think it's easier to rebuild the transmission. Does the rest of the world know a painless way to get a key made without going to a dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Dealer sorry to say. The have the cutter for the "sidewinder" keys and also have to program it to your vehicle.

The 06 has the remote for the door locka built in as well as the transponder chip so the vehicle will start and both those need programmed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To mine 2005 CR-V mk2 I bought raw key (not oem) for 32 USD, programmed myself doors by Honda ignition procedure, payed 10 USD for key cutting and 20 USD for immobilizer copy at car key craftsman. Poland (EU) prices. Somebody here wrote about the same costs in US.

You can always buy car diagnostic tool and copy immobilizer yourself. (I read this is possible). This tool could be handy in overall diagnostic too, when using with care and knowledge of course. I will get it myself to know more about my car at daily basis and not waiting that something breaks without warning.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Buy-Quality-2014-Newest-Version-V3-002-032-for-Honda-HDS-HIM-Diagnostic-Tool-with-Double/1628308483.html or Ebay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts