Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my partner and I have recently purchased a 2009 EX CRV, which comes with 18" Alloys as standard.
I have also recently purchased 4x 17" CRV steel rims with the hope of sticking some winter tyres on. My question is, would this be, a simple straight swap procedure, ie use existing nuts etc, also would there be any issues on geometry, ride height? lastly any tips on storing the alloys+standard tyres?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a 2011 with 17" alloys and 17" Honda steel wheels with winter tires. Simple swap using same lug nuts. But, have to get TPMS reprogrammed.

You have 18" alloys. Try to get winter tires for your steel wheels with the same circumference. Then you'll have no issues with speedometer accuracy.

Clean your wheels and store them in a dry place. Not in plastic bags. That would cause condensation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also store them flat and not on the tread as that causes flat spots from sitting for prolonged periods of time. Since there is not a whole lot of weight on them, meaning the 4K car it's still best to store them on the sidewalls.

I'm not sure about the TPMS as I've never dealt with those before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Found this on another thread: You can buy Orange brand or Schraeder brand programmable sensors and clone the existing codes then when you swap tire sets the car will still see the same set of codes so there will be no need to reprogram the car every time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the all the information! No tyre pressure sensors on my UK CRV! Now I just need to decide on which tyres to buy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts