Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I'm ordering a UK 2008 CR-V EX (SatNav, etc, etc) with the Advanced Safety Pack.
Now whilst I know of the safety features and what they do and stand for, what I'm trying to find out is all the other little differences/extras you find on the CR-V with the ASP.

i.e. the chrome badge and upper grille is different to the standard vehicle.
Which is to house the radar for the anti-collision.

Also the instrumentation has a different digital display (but not sure what exactly is different).

Are there any other differences/extras you have heard of?

·
Registered
173 Posts
See this post for a comparison of the advanced trip computer vs the EX one.

The steering wheel has extra buttons for ACC and trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the reply Hughesy and the link... interesting.
I forgot about the steering wheel with a different Cruise Control button.

I've tried doing a 'general' search for things like this but so far not had any luck.
I'd like to compile a list of these small changes/add-on's.

Beards. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
The biggest 'add-on' is £ 2,000 :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...Yes, quite.
But for me it only cost £1200.

I'm getting the vehicle through Motability and as a War Vet I get a further discount.

As you can appreciate, it was an opportunity I couldn't refuse....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good deal then!

I fancied it, for the gadget value. But on a company car lease the extras have to be paid for over the 3 year period, i.e. they don't consider them as adding any value to the car.
So it would have cost me £55 per month. That seemed a lot of money just to show off!
I've been in an S class Merc with radar, and it seemed to work ok. Some on this site have said it's not worth it though.

I would have liked the option of the proper trip computer and bendy lights (and ditch the non-opening sunroof).

What colour exterior / interior have you ordered?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Motability scheme is not bad at all.. all things considered.
It costs me £200 a month taken from the mobility side of my pension and a one off payment of £6834.
For this I get the Euro CR-V EX with Advanced Safety Pack (ASP) and the dearer Mats.
Further, it also gives full RAC breakdown cover, all my servicing/maintenance, even tyres (get a puncture and they give you a new one free if it can not be repaired), Car Insurance is also paid, as is Road Tax.
All-in-all it's a pretty sweet plot to be in.

When I considered what 'extras' I would like I chomped over and over on the idea of the ASP but for that extra £1200 I considered some of the features to add up nicely.
I too like the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) and differing internal dash.
Now couple this with the High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights and auto levelling headlights, made my choice easier.
The other items in the ASP were nice to have but not essential to my needs.
Again overall... worth the £1200 in my case.

I'll certainly let you and the other members know how I feel the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with it's Radar and the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) fares ....although hopefully CMBS will not be a test chosen :)

I can fully understand where you are coming from on the company car side of things.
You can be restricted at times, so yes, I do feel for you.

As to colours ~ I've chosen the Nighthawk Pearl Black with Ivory Leather internal.
I also chose the slightly dearer (£75) Ivory Mats over the standard Black (£65); partly to blend in with the Ivory carpet and also because it's a better fabric and trim.

I have also added the safeguard exec protection for an added cost of £299.
Yes it's expensive but due to my mobility limitations in keeping it in pristine condition it gives the car that added protection.

Wheels, I was going to pump for the 19" Blaze but the Honda dealership told me it would have made the ride too harsh for my personal needs... a shame but it's saved me £1250 ...which I obviously used for the ASP.

My only problem now is the wait........ Due to my present motability contract I can't pick up the CR-V until August 5th.
Boy it's going to be an awful long wait.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nighthaw black pearl with ivory interior was my first choice. For some reason they quoted me 20 weeks delivery (back in Nov last year) for the ivory interior, so I had to change to black.
My last car was an Accord with ivory interior, and the lighter cabin is quite nice. Before that I had a black interior Accord, so I guess I'm just alternating between the two.

The 19" Blaze alloys do look fantastic. I avoided them for the same reason though, I thought the ride would be too harsh.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Black with Black is as you say a very nice colour.
As you say though, the Ivory does make the cabin so much lighter and feel larger than it's dark cousin.

Actually I had a similar problem to you...... I initially went for the new Deep Bronze with Ivory but Honda couldn't even quote me a date.
Absolutely zero stock and non showing for the foreseeable future.

I had to order now as it's a pre-requisite the order has to go in place 3 months prior to pick-up.
So that was that...... but all things considered I'm very excited in getting hold of the Black/Ivory.

BTW.. this is a very good forum... Plenty of info and I look forward to more communication with both our UK and off-shore members.
Thanks for the chat:)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Worried about costs?

Good deal then!

I fancied it, for the gadget value. But on a company car lease the extras have to be paid for over the 3 year period, i.e. they don't consider them as adding any value to the car.
So it would have cost me £55 per month. That seemed a lot of money just to show off!I've been in an S class Merc with radar, and it seemed to work ok. Some on this site have said it's not worth it though.

I would have liked the option of the proper trip computer and bendy lights (and ditch the non-opening sunroof).

What colour exterior / interior have you ordered?
Hughesy, you are beginning to sound like me, your old cheap buddy from the states. Good to hear from you again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi BP!

You and I aren't cheap, we just recognise good value!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
A Way With Words!

Hughesy, you are a true gentlemen in the British tradition of understatement!

I will have to use that one on my wife.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The CRV I had on extended test drive (a week) was an advanced saftey pack one :)

The bendy lights - I didn't really get chance to try these out properly, but I'm guessing they work!

ACC - seemed to work ok, but you need to really read the manual before trying it out LOL Took a bit of getting used to, I'm whilst I'm certainly no ludite, I'm not sure I really like the idea of giving away so much control... Obviously you can override it, but for me it worries me that I'd come to depend on it right up to the moment when it failed...
The button on the steering wheel is huge though.

CBMS - I 'tested' this (sort of!) On a dual carriage way, picking my moment to move into lane 2 to overtake a slower car in lane 1. Just as I pulled out, the first of the "OMG you're about to crash!!!" warnings came up.
I was 'fairly' close to the slower car in front at the time, and speeding up to overtake, so I guess it met all the requirments to warn me.

At £1200, I would say yes, just for the HIDs :)

At £2000, and being also on a company car scheme that would make that an extra £50 odd per month, I've had to say no :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your comments Red916.... Appreciated.

Whilst I'm here ~ has anyone else noticed any other 'parts' on the car that are effected by the vehicle.
What I'm referring to are the 'hidden' things not published that you only find over a period of time (as in the blue instrument panel being different). :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.