Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

After many years, I am back in a CR_V. I just leased a 2015 CR-V LX in polished metal metallic a few days ago. So far, I am happy with it, but as always find things that bug me. Its a lease, so I am going to do small reversible upgrades such as:

1) Headlight bulbs - I may stick some PIAA extreme white bulbs I have laying around. Spruces it up a little bit. No rice HID kit here. If it wasn't a lease, I would retrofit with projectors if I wanted HID's.
2) LED interior bulbs - I have some LED bulbs to throw in the interior.
3) 16" wheel upgrade - I may try and do some 16" OEM honda wheels from an element or civic which all seem to have a 45 offset like the EX CRV wheel, so I think it will work. These "styled" 16" wheels are god-awful hideous. Keep the TPMS and tires.
4) Add a gentex homelink mirror - Some OEM toyota and suby ones will work from my research, pick you a used one on fleabay and wire it up.

Any other free mods or recommendations of things to do? Any tweaks or tips and tricks? Please share. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Your mods sound good. I didn't know you could make changes like that to a leased vehicle. Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your mods sound good. I didn't know you could make changes like that to a leased vehicle. Cheers!
Well, I am guessing that technically it is not allowed. But, everything I am doing, I will keep stock parts to throw back on - bulbs and such are easy - the wheels are probably the big one. But, I plan to get some civic ones for 300 bux max used. I will drive on them for 3 years. At that point, its not even worth taking off and re-selling. And its a Honda wheel, the dealer won't even realize or care as they are going to take it back in and put on used lot anyway and if it has nice honda wheels - its a win for them!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should have just Leased an EX, save yourself tons of money in mods that the EX already has. Besides that, I have a Leased 2015 CRV and so far I've added, Amp/Sub, Tinted front windows, windshield, headlights and fog lights and hitch. I tint all my leased cars and never had an issue, the rest of the mods I can take off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I inherited my wife's '09 LX when we bought a new '15 Pilot and the steel wheels were beginning to look a little ragged, so I got a set of those chrome oem style "wheel skins"... They actually look pretty good and from 20' away you can't tell they're only "hubcaps" (especially how the original H logo shows through the center cap) - I've been happy with them and they dress the crv up nicely for cheap. An option instead of swapping wheels.

I never noticed they dropped the LX wheels down to 16" on the newer models before. Must be under a rock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should have just Leased an EX, save yourself tons of money in mods that the EX already has. Besides that, I have a Leased 2015 CRV and so far I've added, Amp/Sub, Tinted front windows, windshield, headlights and fog lights and hitch. I tint all my leased cars and never had an issue, the rest of the mods I can take off.
The lease price was quite a bit more per my dealer. We leased a 2016 Odyssey Special Edition which is our primary hauler for the 2 kids. I have my S2000 which is the garage queen. The CR-V is my DD of sorts and just your basic mode of transport on a budget, so I am happy with the options I have. I don' know if I would do the wheels even, with winter here in Iowa, steelie styles may just do!

I tinted my windows and threw my remote start on this weekend so far. I have the hitch and harness to install. Just got the gentex mirror coming as well.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Two minor points:

I think the CRV wheel offset is +50mm

There are no TPMS sensors on the 2015s, just plain old valve stems. The ABS system is used to detect low tire pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh really? My TPMS light actually came on this morning, but with fall here, temps are low in the mornings! Interesting that they don't use TPMS sensors anymore!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The lease price was quite a bit more per my dealer. We leased a 2016 Odyssey Special Edition which is our primary hauler for the 2 kids. I have my S2000 which is the garage queen. The CR-V is my DD of sorts and just your basic mode of transport on a budget, so I am happy with the options I have. I don' know if I would do the wheels even, with winter here in Iowa, steelie styles may just do!

I tinted my windows and threw my remote start on this weekend so far. I have the hitch and harness to install. Just got the gentex mirror coming as well.

Nice Fleet! Yeah, remote start is a must, I have that too. If I could change anything about the EX, I would get the Touring Wheels. Standard EX wheels are nice though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in Iowa - I NEEED remote start...LOL. I have the clifford 7756X installed with a 1 mile range and 2 way remote. It works very well so far. I just wish I could take the key out of the factory remote and ditch it. Guessing I can't since it uses the transponder. Although, I wonder if valet key would work. Hmm.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am in Iowa - I NEEED remote start...LOL. I have the clifford 7756X installed with a 1 mile range and 2 way remote. It works very well so far. I just wish I could take the key out of the factory remote and ditch it. Guessing I can't since it uses the transponder. Although, I wonder if valet key would work. Hmm.....

I had a Code Alarm unit installed on my 2015 EX, very small one button remote that starts, unlocks and also shuts engine off and re-locks if needed. Only bad thing is that when it's started using the remote, the engine immediately shuts off once any door is opened. Drawback of having push button start. I don't mind it. $300 installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the remote start I have. 2 way LCD, can turn on defrost, get the internal temperature, micro USB charged etc. I just wish the darn key remote wasn't there anymore. I am being nitpicky is all...LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts