Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 CR-V with Realtime AWD and 4 speed auto transmission. I have put on Firestone A/Ts 215R75 15 and Old Man Emu lift kit. No changes to engine or trans. I tried going up the Harquahala Trail in AZ. Made it to about mile 7 and encountered a more steep / loose medium sized rocky area. Car stalled out - engine running / wheels slipping - but not moving up. I think it would make it up OK if it had a lower 1st gear (so it could crawl) and/or lockable rear end.

(1) Is it possible to get a rebuilt auto tranny with a lower 1st gear??

(2) I read somewhere that it may be possible to get the rear wheels/differential to be locked in without waiting for front wheels to slip. Does anybody have any info on how to do this??

(3) Maybe I should start a different thread but I have run across an add for an electric super charger for this vehicle (engineperformancechip.com). Anybody done this? - Does it work good??

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) Most likely yes. I offroad my 98 LX with stock everything. If it had lockable diffs or a limited slip diff, it'd do so much better. Almost got stuck twice today. I wish it was a full time AWD system.

2) Unfortunately no...I'm not sure. I've wanted to do this with mine since I've easily logged 200+ miles off road in mine. Since she's getting old and arthritic and to fix her up would cost more than a decent down payment on a new car, I'm not going to bother.

3) No clue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts