Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Michelin Premier A/S tires during Costco’s sale ($70 off plus free installation). I was going to go with the LTX version, which is supposedly optimized for crossovers and light trucks, but they were sold out. Anyone know if I will see a real world difference between these two types of tires? Size is 225/60/18. If I need to cancel and buy the LTXs somewhere else, I can. Thank you!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I ordered a set of Michelin Premier A/S tires during Costco’s sale ($70 off plus free installation). I was going to go with the LTX version, which is supposedly optimized for crossovers and light trucks, but they were sold out. Anyone know if I will see a real world difference between these two types of tires? Size is 225/60/18. If I need to cancel and buy the LTXs somewhere else, I can. Thank you!
I ordered the LTXs and wonder the same question lol. If I were to guess the LTX is a little stiffer. I think you'll be happy with either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, we’re both second guesssing ourselves! I forgot to mention my current tires are the LTXs. They were great but only lasted about 30k miles. Hoping Costco will help get me some credit toward the new ones with a warranty claim. Anyway, yes, I’m sure they’re both good choices- I’ll put a call in to Michelin to see what their angle is. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, just spoke with Michelin. They do not recommend the A/S over the LTX. They say it’s a very soft tire in comparison and that the LTX holds up better to the demands of a crossover.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I just had a set of Michelin Defender H+T's put on my wife's '13 EX today. I guess the great experiment will start now. From what I've read 33.5k out of the OEM tires was about right. They weren't totally worn down to the wear block indicators but she didn't like the way the drove in the rain a couple of weeks ago so off they came. We're do for more rain this next week and I'm looking forward to driving in it now. These tires seem a lot quieter than the old ones too which are also points in their favor. Time will tell.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just had a set of Michelin Defender H+T's put on my wife's '13 EX today. I guess the great experiment will start now. From what I've read 33.5k out of the OEM tires was about right. They weren't totally worn down to the wear block indicators but she didn't like the way the drove in the rain a couple of weeks ago so off they came. We're do for more rain this next week and I'm looking forward to driving in it now. These tires seem a lot quieter than the old ones too which are also points in their favor. Time will tell.
Nice. My hankook oems had 10-15k life left but their wet traction was horrendous. I don't notice the noise difference but I've stopped hydroplaning which is a big plus.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Since I only drove a short distance after the install of the new tires, I thought it best if I tried them out on the freeway. So, when I went to get gas last time I took the long way to the gas station and enjoyed a variety of different road surfaces along the way.
I'm happy to report they did a great job balancing the tires as they're super smooth up to 80 mph which was all I felt comfortable doing here in the city. We have an extremely smooth freeway nearby and it was like riding on glass. The road noise has dropped considerably, IMO, too, which is nice. On the rougher pavement that I encountered I'd have to say they ride smoother than the OEM's did too. Maybe they are more flexible being new even though they're set at 35 psi all around. I'm really looking forward to driving the car now, not that I wasn't before, it's just so much nicer now it's almost like getting a new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts