Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... I need some advice. I was doing a drain and fill transmission change on my 2011 CR-V. Drained out the old, replaced the plug and began the refill. Unfortunately, the first quart I refilled with was Dual Pump fluid for the differential. I noticed my mistake and immediately pulled the plug and drained it out. I completed the drain and fill with the correct fluid (ATF - DW1). The dual pump fluid went in and right back out. Will this lack of attentiveness cause a problem for my transmission? Thanks so much for your advice!

·
Banned
806 Posts
My guess would be no. But you could drive it a bit and do another drain and fill. As you know they are super easy to do.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
As what DIY Guy mentioned you can drain & fill it a few times to remove the Dual Pump fluid that was mistakenly poured in. Usually Honda Tranny uses Steel Clutches without any Friction material on their tranny. FYI some other countries that the Dual Pump Fluid is not available, they use ATF as a substitute. Keep calm , we think you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts