Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CRV family I currently purchased a 2011 CRV EX-L and looking to put 19 inch rims. Reccomended tire size is 245/50/19 but I feel that might be a little to big I want a nice clean look. Please advise the vehicle is on stock suspension I don't plan on lowering the vehicle as winter is coming and New York streets get a little tuff. Just want to know what the current members run on there 19s.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hope you can put Winter Tires on your stock 17’s....... :cool:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The 245/50/19 is almost an exact match to the OE sized tire that came on your CRV, the difference being you will see 1" less side wall all around. The ride may be a little firmer depending on the tire and handling will be better. They will fill the wheel wells the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice! Love those accord hfp wheels. I'm also trying to upgrade mine to either a set of 18" wheels that look like civic si wheels or going with 18" accord sports and I'm having the same issue on what size tires to run. I'm trying I fill the wheel well without messing with the suspension. Does anyone have any recommendations for 2nd gens with 18" wheels?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I like the color of the wheel on the right but I don't think the sharp lines of it flow well with the curves of the 3rd gen CRV.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
i’d be more concerned about going wider to 245 from the stock 225 in case it rubbed when turning. Myself i would go 225/55 19. it will fill your wheel well nicer, but only be a tad bigger and much less bumpier ride. Your speedo won’t be affected.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=225-65r17-225-55r19

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 245/50/19 is almost an exact match to the OE sized tire that came on your CRV, the difference being you will see 1" less side wall all around. The ride may be a little firmer depending on the tire and handling will be better. They will fill the wheel wells the same.

Just a little worried the tires may look to big and take away from the wheel

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I would worry about the suspension going with 45 series. You will feel every bump and that will wear your suspension prematurely. As you can see from my garage, I went to a much bigger tire, but kept the same size 17 rim. Still fits in the wheel well without rubbing and a smoooooooth ride

·
Registered
187 Posts
hello people; I like the rims you chose. What tire did you go with? Keep posting on your views of your combo. What color are they?
On my 86 Buick I went with a 16x8 rim with a BF Goodrich tire. 245-50-16. I did notice a ruffer ride but I knew that was going to happen and I'm thinking of maybe 17" rim in the future.
goodluck
IBBY

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hello people; I like the rims you chose. What tire did you go with? Keep posting on your views of your combo. What color are they?
On my 86 Buick I went with a 16x8 rim with a BF Goodrich tire. 245-50-16. I did notice a ruffer ride but I knew that was going to happen and I'm thinking of maybe 17" rim in the future.
goodluck
IBBY
I went 245/50/19 Perelli zero Nero all weather

1 - 15 of 15 Posts