Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought one from 4wheelonline because this filter is reusable and I don't have to deal with the messy re-oiling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't recommend enough for anyone to install a performance filter in the stock air box, if you don't plan on making more upgrades any time soon. You do get a little power back but more so you get much better fuel economy.
You may not notice a difference at first especially if it's on a smaller low powered engine. But if you do want to see how much it changes, drive on the new filter for a week or so then put the old factory one back it. It's like pulling a car behind you. You will see the difference.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I can't recommend enough for anyone to install a performance filter in the stock air box, if you don't plan on making more upgrades any time soon. You do get a little power back but more so you get much better fuel economy.
You may not notice a difference at first especially if it's on a smaller low powered engine. But if you do want to see how much it changes, drive on the new filter for a week or so then put the old factory one back it. It's like pulling a car behind you. You will see the difference.
I have a VERY hard time believing what you say!!
Even a pretty dirty air filter will deliver approx the same mpg during normal driving on a CRV because the computer adj the air/fuel mixture, SO, how is this air filter going to do it?
A higher flow air filter can give you slightly more power under high acceleration, esp on a big engine, ,but??
C'mon now!!
Buffalo4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts