Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed them about whether it could be used for an auto because I couldn't find a place that specified. That's a big fat no. Not surprising though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting just to have a look. but I think this one seems to be more aimed at owners that want to go boosted or say a direct port injected 50 shot of NOS.

Would be worth a giggle to see what a V would do in a straight line with that in the cylinders.... as long as it wasn't in my V. lol.
although.... a controllable mgt. system that we could possibly get better fuel econ would be nice. But you're right, a 1400$ investment isn't gonna come from the couch cushions. :).... thanks for sharing regardless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a boosted Acura TL which in the beginning stages of the build was using a piggyback ECU using a MegaSquirt 3.

It was wired to intercept the fuel injectors and other signals that were essential to handoff to the piggyback and then tap into signals that the primary ECU needed to see so it stays happy. It then keeps things like the automatic transmission still in control of the stock system.

One issue that was a real pain was the idle control circuit. There were other systems that would influence the idle and with the piggyback controlling the fuel and timing, the idle was less than perfect. It was something that I never resolved because they eventually came out with a solution that allows me to reprogram the stock ECU.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'll look into the AEM FIC. I wish ktuner would get their crap together. They said a while ago that the CRV was in the works. I do remember on their Facebook page that they said the CRV can be ran if you use their conversion harness and repin the C/D plugs....just need to get a wire diagram...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I remember when we emailed hondata for flashpro support for the accord/TL. We spammed them for a month straight from a few 100 people. They finally got the message.

I am sure if you do the same to ktuner with enough people they will provide you with a product. Bottom line for them is will this make money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts