Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P2A01 fault code for bank 1 sensor 2 on my 2016 Crv 1.6 diesel Honda quoting £230 for their unbranded sensor or £420 fitted seems very expensive for an O2 sensor anyone have the same issue I have seen some Bosch ones cheaper but some forums say they are no good. Going to fit it myself looks straightforward enough. Any advice welcome especially good quality cheaper sensors 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
Let us know how you get on buddy.

Also - ask at Cox Motor Parts. They may well supply OEM for lower cost too. No harm in asking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So update liquid moly was a fail, worked for a few hours after cleaning the sensor but CEL and fault code returned. Cox motor parts wouldn’t supply the sensor and told me to contact my local dealer. After getting the part number off the sensor which was very easy to take out I searched and opieoils do the sensor ( they do a whole range of stuff now bit like euro car parts didn’t know that) and with Black Friday discount £88 delivered better than £280 from the deals for the same part will let you all know how it goes once fitted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well guys success sensor been on the car for four days now and no CEL and no codes when read. Took literally 10 minutes to swop out the old one as I knew what I was doing but definitely a diy job if you have basic skills. Sensor was from opie oils was a bosch sensor identical to the oem
thanks for all the advice

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
Super than you got it sorted Sir.

And thankful you came back to update too! Happy motoring! 👌

Reactions: UK-Kev

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,350 Posts
Likewise Sir.

Be sure to keep a regular presence on the site - good to have an influx of UK-based members 👌👍🙌🙏

Reactions: UK-Kev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well guys success sensor been on the car for four days now and no CEL and no codes when read. Took literally 10 minutes to swop out the old one as I knew what I was doing but definitely a diy job if you have basic skills. Sensor was from opie oils was a bosch sensor identical to the oem
thanks for all the advice
Hello,
I’m going through similar experience, same code & fault. Could you confirm Bosch part number, & was it the post / aft sensor you replaced.
Thank you for any assistance you can give
Cfactor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello,
I’m going through similar experience, same code & fault. Could you confirm Bosch part number, & was it the post / aft sensor you replaced.
Thank you for any assistance you can give
Cfactor
Hi
Bosch Lambda Sensor - O2 / Oxygen Sensor (0281004579)
it was the post sensor easy to get to, there is a small inspection panel under the car and this is where the access to the sensor is after the cat at the bottom of engine at bend in the exhaust. Took 10 mins I ran the car for 5 minutes then sprayed the sensor with wd40 and swooped them over.
I had a quick look althougo I got mine from opie oils as they were the cheapest at the time onlinecarpartsuk are doing them cheaper, I have used them a few times for brake discs and pads recommended
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-12790917.html
my car is the 1.6dtec
better and easier diy rather than going to dealer who wanted £450 fitted all the best hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Bosch Lambda Sensor - O2 / Oxygen Sensor (0281004579)
it was the post sensor easy to get to, there is a small inspection panel under the car and this is where the access to the sensor is after the cat at the bottom of engine at bend in the exhaust. Took 10 mins I ran the car for 5 minutes then sprayed the sensor with wd40 and swooped them over.
I had a quick look althougo I got mine from opie oils as they were the cheapest at the time onlinecarpartsuk are doing them cheaper, I have used them a few times for brake discs and pads recommended
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-12790917.html
my car is the 1.6dtec
better and easier diy rather than going to dealer who wanted £450 fitted all the best hope this helps
Many Thanks Stev443 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many Thanks Stev443 👍
Hello again Stev443,
I notice the Online Parts.co.uk website states;
‘the spare part doesn’t fit HONDA CR-V 1V (RM) 1.6i-DTEC (RE6)
I’ve seen this before, & successfully ignored it! I gather you found the same, & the Bosch part no 0281004579 worked fine. Just wanted to be sure before placing the order.
Thanks
CFactor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello again Stev443,
I notice the Online Parts.co.uk website states;
‘the spare part doesn’t fit HONDA CR-V 1V (RM) 1.6i-DTEC (RE6)
I’ve seen this before, & successfully ignored it! I gather you found the same, & the Bosch part no 0281004579 worked fine. Just wanted to be sure before placing the order.
Thanks
CFactor
hi yeah I found this on a few web sites including superseded Bosch part numbers the oem part number is OE36532RSXG04 this is what I used to cross reference the sensor just to be sure email them with your vin and they will check.

this is where I get a lot of part numbers really handy site

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.