Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

After Engine Dilution Fix, car oil alert came on, car died on hwy

16545 Views 89 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  rocky
About 3 months after the oil dilution fix and oil level alert came on and the engine died on the highway causing an accident. This will be my last honda I ever own.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Engine dying on a fast highway can lead to death. Please no stupid comments by forum fantasy nascar drivers. If my daughter was in the car, she could have been dead now.

That being said, I will update in a few days when I know exactly what blew in the engine. I HIGHLY suspect the oil dilution fix being the issue as that is the only change my car has had and it has not even been 1 oil change cycle yet since that recall was done. In fact, I scheduled a oil change this week before it happened.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Seems like this thread turned south with the second post.
So the vehicle was a total loss. My insurance will cover everything less the engine. Progressive said since it was an engine defect that caused the accident that is not covered and I will need reimbursement from Honda. At this point 1. Service center refuses discussion. 2. Honda America refuses discussion.

I highly recommend that nobody purchase these vehicles as Honda is refusing warranty service and dealerships will not help. Your only course, like mine, will be through actual litigation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.