Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

After Engine Dilution Fix, car oil alert came on, car died on hwy

16539 Views 89 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  rocky
About 3 months after the oil dilution fix and oil level alert came on and the engine died on the highway causing an accident. This will be my last honda I ever own.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
A lot wrong with the post but biggest point, if the engine shutting off caused you to have an accident YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING A CAR EVER.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Well let's see.

Is there anything saying an engine will shut off simply due to low oil level? That would be a first. Likely vehicle was continued to be driven with low oil level and engine stopped. So was a user error there. There would have been multiple warnings that something was wrong with the oil pressure before engine shut down. Strike one

Person had these warnings and instead of pulling over and shutting the engine off, they kept going. Strike 2

Person kept going at the risk of others on the road in less than ideal traffic conditions not leaving themselves an option to get out of the way safely before causing an accident. And not handling the situation correctly resulted in an accident. Strike 3

Ya something was wrong that was BS and shouldn't have been with their CRV. Cause unknown at this time.

But person's failed basic knowledge of operating a motor vehicle on the road is what led to the accident. Cars don't just die and come to an instant dead stop on the road (well most of the time, there are that rare occasion where brakes lock, transmission/transfer case can break internally causing a sudden stop). So they failed to handle the situation correctly in multiple occasions.

We already know the latest versions of CRVs have more problems than a windows computer. But this crap of blaming objects for a person's ignorance and lack of common Sense is so ridiculous and a sad epidemic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.