Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
I have to agree. I want to read about certain things and every thread is locked. If I want to ask a question I almost have to start a new thread. This thread would only be 2 pages if there weren't so many soft skinned babies saying "Delete". Didn't you ever hear the saying "if you don't have something nice to say......"

If you don't like what the guy is saying ignore. If you don't like what I'm saying ignore. I'd like to find out what was going on here. Stop yelling for the moderator.
I have never seen a forum with so many cry babies and locked threads. You should go over to a motorcycle forum and get toughened up before coming in here again.
I wonder how many people here have huge post counts that over 50% are "delete this" postings

Actually they get shut down because they violate forum rules, not because they are 'offensive' as are you are implying. Is it really that hard to understand? Not everyone here wants to come here and see 5+ threads on the front page related to oil dilution as was the case a month ago. There are rules in place. If you follow them, threads won't get shut down.

Plain and simple.

· Registered
43 Posts
you should check out if your state has a "lemon law" or sue honda!! good luck & I hope no 1 was hurt! These CRV's are very dangerous & as they age, will only get worse, unless the government steps in & recalls them!

· Registered
7 Posts
I think I've seen this elsewhere posted and also thinking this is normal for the engine to shut down if there is too much oil in the crankcase. Someone "in the know" (Honda Mechanic) please verify. Also, I agree with the original post that "after the fix" implies that the "fix" was not a fix. I also am still experiencing before the fix problems of gas smells within the cabin after the fix. However, I regularly check the oil level, if it is getting too high on the stick, I have the oil changed. I like the car and am amazed at the fuel economy for such a large car (CRV-EX-1.5L turbo) but still hope for a final fix for the oil dilution problem from Honda. Someone posted, again elsewhere, the Honda Service Bulletin for the "fix". Obviously, oil dilution can cause serious damage to the engine. Some engines are having their cams replaced because of poor lubrication.

· Registered
242 Posts
middle lane of a 3 lane highway at 65 mpg with rush hour traffic.
I need to move to your area. I haven't seen 65 mpg (sic) rush hour traffic since the 1970s :)

· Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
3,509 Posts
So the vehicle was a total loss. My insurance will cover everything less the engine. Progressive said since it was an engine defect that caused the accident that is not covered and I will need reimbursement from Honda. At this point 1. Service center refuses discussion. 2. Honda America refuses discussion.
This post from the OP is factually the last thing we'll likely know about this scenario. We'll never know the full circumstances and its become a simple round the table at a bar talk.

If the OP has anything further that they want to add, please PM a moderator and we'll reopen the thread for you.

Closing.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.