Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..new user, just joined since we finally decided on next vehicle for wife: a 2019 CR-V Touring ... we will get one this week.

In Canada dealer wants $1500 for hitch option - ouch! And also that is just a dealer-installed hitch: I phoned a couple dealers and Honda Canada:
Believe it or not no one can tell me the receiver size!
I am assuming it is 1-1/4 x 1-1/4" and not 2 x 2".
Can anyone confirm?

Anyways, I was therefore thinking of aftermarket: I can get a Curt 13397 hitch (with 2x2" receiver) installed for less than a third of the dealer price.
(Oops - new users can't post link, so here is the link to the Curt product if you use bit.ly: 2IhWFtS)

My only concern is that the Touring has the hands free liftgate option which has wiring in the area where the hitch installs (and where you have to cut a bit of the lower bumper fascia):

Does anyone have any experience with either dealer or after market hitch install on the CR-V Touring and can you confirm hands free liftgate still works after the install?

I am not too sure where the sensor is for this: it is OK if it only works off to one side and/or the other instead of in the middle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.