Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an after market power lift gate kit? Just got a 2020 Crv EX and didn’t think about the power gate until after. It appears it’s possible to add the power but I’m curious if anyone has actually done it. And if Honda sells a kit?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,099 Posts
Yes, Honda USA sells a kit for it.

Try College Hills Honda for a price. I think there was/is a member here who has done an install, but the username eludes me.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,703 Posts
Yes, Honda USA sells a kit for it.

Try College Hills Honda for a price. I think there was/is a member here who has done an install, but the username eludes me.

The kits posted on college hills are if you have the power trunk already and adds the hands free system.

2 members here added aftermarket kits but its almost 800+ and you have to remove alll the trim, run wiring and slightlyinvolved PLUS possible warranty issues for that entire section of trunk if something else fails.

I’d chalk this one up to uneducated consumer spending $28k & didnt read the huge sticker on the car that says what it has.[/QUOTE]

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,099 Posts
Agreed, always less hassle to buy the car which comes equipped with the functionality.

Maybe your dealer could retrofit it for you with some goodwill concession etc? Wont hurt to ask....

Reactions: BoostedV
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.