Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a beautiful EX-L that I that would look even better with the Touring's various exterior chrome trim. Just about every piece of the trim is available on the web but I'm just not convinced of its overall quality.

• What is your opinion of the difference in appearance of the Touring vs. EX-L?
  • What is your opinion of the look and long term quality of aftermarket chrome trim?
  • What is your opinion of the effort to securely attach the chrome trim?
  • What is your opinion of ABS vs. Stainless Steel trim?

Please provide any additional remarks you may have.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
FWIW, I tried some front/rear bumper chrome trim pieces from eBay. Alcohol cleaned the plastic very thoroughly.........pieces soon started detaching. Replaced the 2 sided tape with genuine 3M tape.......still no stick. Now gone. Unless it is genuine Honda, I would avoid it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Discouraging about the true 3M tape. I have been told that the adhesive used by Honda for weather stripping worked.

Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finding intriguing that there has been only one response. This tells me the members of this site have little to no interest in after market chrome trim. With that said I feel it is best that I too distance myself from such trim.

Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
I finding intriguing that there has been only one response. This tells me the members of this site have little to no interest in after market chrome trim. With that said I feel it is best that I too distance myself from such trim.

Thanks
There's a fair bit of pictures of it here, search around. I seem to remember a whole thread around the aftermarket touring side chrome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts