Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
67 Posts
if you are planning to upgrade your stock radio you have two options:

1) going the android car audio from not so known brands (with full android functionalities)
2) or going the android auto/apple carplay compatible radios from known brands like sony, kenwood, pioneer. This has limited android functionality (limits you to the android auto compatible apps)

My preferrence is to go with the known brand radios which are android auto/apple carplay compatible. I do not need a full android functionality on my car. i need a good sounding radio and the essential apps in android auto and carplay such as music, phone, maps, siri/google assistant. just my preference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@obetbalx Could you recommend an aftermarket?
@BroAndyF89, seems like this is a generic from China that diff co's sell. This one is cheaper and was installed here:

Did you buy or install anything?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The one you linked is almost twice the price of a Joying JY-HO123N4GS and only apparent benefit is a 1.1" bigger screen, the one you link also says it's only 3g vs 4g (if that matters to you) ony 2gb ram vs 4gb on the Joying and only 16GB vs 64GB.

If you are set on that device I'd make sure they do have a return/refund policy (you'll more than likely pay shipping to China) whereas Joying appears to have a depot in the US (not sure if can return to this location). Also, try find out how their support is and if they have a support forum. For me, Joying support has been great at getting back to emails and helping with some of the issues I've had.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
67 Posts
@obetbalx Could you recommend an aftermarket?
@BroAndyF89, seems like this is a generic from China that diff co's sell. This one is cheaper and was installed here:

Did you buy or install anything?
i bought the following apple car play/android auto head units on six of my honda's:
1. three(3) sony xav-ax5000 - for 2007crv/2013 civic/2007odyssey
2. one(1) jvc kw-m750BT - 2007civic
3. one(1) kenwood dmx7705s - 2007element
4. one(1) kenwood dmx906x - 2016crv (with wireless carplay/androidauto - so far the best ui among the bunch)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey folks,

I have a Honda CRV 2019 Executive (this is the top equipment level in Eastern Europe, equivalent to Touring I think) and I want to change my stock head unit which is so slow, almost obsolete in terms of software and hardware resources.
I researched the market a bit and didn't find so many Android Head Units specially design for CRV 2017-2019. I did stop at Joying company which has pretty decent head units (9" and 10") but they have the following specification:

Well... I have 9 speakers (4 tweeters, 4 speakers - all on doors and a subwoofer in the trunk) setup which is different than what they specify (11speakers).
Though, how do I check if my car has an amplifier? I just want to be sure that the Head Unit will fit.

This is the product link: Joying Honda CRV 2017-2019 Head Unit Android 10 4G LTE Radio 10.1 inch 1280*720 Screen - and there is one with 9" as well...
I know, there is a guy who posted the process of replacing the factory head unit with a Joying of 9" and after a period with one of 10", but the guy is replacing the radio head unit which I suppose is a confirmation that the car hasn't 11speakers or an amp, most likely having a lower CRV trim.

Can anyone suggest another Android Head Unit specially design for CRV 2018-2020?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.