Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was following my wife the other day when she was driving the Honda and they look good from the back. Going to black out the ends of the mufflers and the crossover pipe.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sorry if you don't agree guys, but that is my opinion. I've seen a few CRV's with the Honda tips and they do look great from the back but no so from the side. The tips on the non Touring CRV's make it difficult to install a decent looking tip unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been eyeing on that oval finisher from ebay/amazon as well, it's affordable but I'm scared it may come loose over time if it can be moved by hand.

The OEM Honda tip one is a bit too expensive to get it shipped to Canada if I order from Ebay. It's still cheaper than getting it from my dealer though.

Anyone from Canada was able to get the OEM tip at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the Honda OEM tips from the rear also.. didn't realize from the side they look so-so. I'm on the fence whether to purchase them cause it does sharpen up the rear

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been eyeing on that oval finisher from ebay/amazon as well, it's affordable but I'm scared it may come loose over time if it can be moved by hand.

The OEM Honda tip one is a bit too expensive to get it shipped to Canada if I order from Ebay. It's still cheaper than getting it from my dealer though.

Anyone from Canada was able to get the OEM tip at a reasonable price?

Bought mine on EBay.........the ones from China with CRV punched on the top. They are in the mail. Will post once they are installed on the truck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry if you don't agree guys, but that is my opinion. I've seen a few CRV's with the Honda tips and they do look great from the back but no so from the side. The tips on the non Touring CRV's make it difficult to install a decent looking tip unfortunately.
Yes, I agree with you too. When I was looking at the trim levels, I quickly ound the easy way to tell a Touring from an EX-L was to look at the exhaust tips. One local dealer puts these on all EX-Ls, so quickly noticed these add-on tips. I thought they were just some cheap 3rd party add-ons- not Honda OEM.

I think they look perfectly fine right from the rear, but from the side at a reasonable distance from the car, I noticed they just seem to hang in mid-air. Look strange. And I am 6ft. One of the minor reasons I liked the Touring trim. The tips and bumper flair for the dual pipes just looks more finished.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yup, if we could have gotten the touring rear bumper cover and tips as an option on the EX it would have been great.

Yes, I agree with you too. When I was looking at the trim levels, I quickly ound the easy way to tell a Touring from an EX-L was to look at the exhaust tips. One local dealer puts these on all EX-Ls, so quickly noticed these add-on tips. I thought they were just some cheap 3rd party add-ons- not Honda OEM.

I think they look perfectly fine right from the rear, but from the side at a reasonable distance from the car, I noticed they just seem to hang in mid-air. Look strange. And I am 6ft. One of the minor reasons I liked the Touring trim. The tips and bumper flair for the dual pipes just looks more finished.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts