Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered up the Superior Auto 28-6202 Stainless Exhaust tips from my local Pep Boys. They expect to receive in 3-5 days. Looks like they might be "tariff impacted" given the current state of certain products and a price now at 14.99 each. Still seems worth it from what I've seen posted by several of your install pictures.

Exhaust Tip flyer weblink:
http://www.sup-auto.com/assets/supergear.pdf

The 28-6202 and 28-6302 appear that they both may fit from what I gather but I didn't see any photos of the 28-6302 so stuck to the proven 28-6202. I'll try to post some pictures when complete. Thanks for all the data here on this thread. It helped me choose what I wanted to try since the 2019 honda parts don't seem to have the look I was going after.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, well the Pep Boys local store in Naperville, IL could NOT figure out how to make a sale of the Superior 28-6202 stainless steel exhaust tip finisher. They were unable to get the product either via special order or from another branch. Pep boys.com is a sorry excuse for a website and I was unable to order it online (their system only allowed local pickup (no shipping) and no stores had stock) so I just bought it from Amazon.com at about $23 each. I like the product and appears to be good quality. I don't know which grade of Stainless steel this is made from but I presume that its' 304 stainless and will require some regular polishing to keep it looking decent. Installation was easy and you need a 10mm wrench or socket to remove fasteners and reinstall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FOLLOW-UP: The tips look great when clean BUT they get surface corrosion quickly from our harsh winters. I drive a lot and they see a greater than average exposure than most people as I use the car for work and travel around most of the great lakes region. You need to wipe and scrub them regularly in the Winter if you have road salt. It's not difficult but still a pain in the arse, and should not be needed if they were using either 316 or 304 stainless like you'd expect. Seems the GRADE of stainless is either pretty low or that surface have picked up iron contamination in the manufacturing process. The surface RUST stains come off easily with a ragebut you need to be vigilant and in hind sight probably should have gone with another solution like the HONDA branded item.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
941 Posts
I have the honda oem ones, they look good from straight back but from the side... horrible lol.
I might swap to the touring sport bumper and do custom exhaust tips.

the 2020 rectangular tips are an option as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a friend from Honda dealership that can get me the original exhaust tips from Touring model $80 each
I have done this upgrade to my EX model if anyone is interested I can get you the parts that are needed for a fair price.
The diffuser that goes on the bumper can be replaced with the Touring model it’s that grey part for $140 I can get that as well.
There is not much inventory so parts are limited
The hardest part is finding the adapter or making it I have a friend from a muffler shop that can make them for $20 each
Hi,

What is the adapter? I thougth curved part of EX model should be cut off in order to install the Touring OEM tips. Do you got any pictures?. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any exhaust tip options for the 2020 honda crv lx? Also What is the part # for the 2020 sport model exhaust tips?

·
Registered
150 Posts
FOLLOW-UP: The tips look great when clean BUT they get surface corrosion quickly from our harsh winters. I drive a lot and they see a greater than average exposure than most people as I use the car for work and travel around most of the great lakes region. You need to wipe and scrub them regularly in the Winter if you have road salt. It's not difficult but still a pain in the arse, and should not be needed if they were using either 316 or 304 stainless like you'd expect. Seems the GRADE of stainless is either pretty low or that surface have picked up iron contamination in the manufacturing process. The surface RUST stains come off easily with a ragebut you need to be vigilant and in hind sight probably should have gone with another solution like the HONDA branded item.
I was told by my scrap yard that if it holds a magnet "it ain't stainless"..

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
941 Posts
Are there any exhaust tip options for the 2020 honda crv lx? Also What is the part # for the 2020 sport model exhaust tips?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for that link. unfortunately it doesnt ship to canada.
Are there any aftermarket options for the 2020s? any rectangular tips that work? the bumpers are more straight on the refresh models.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V EX-L Hybrid
13 Posts
Dude! Those look awesome! I am getting those! Would they fit a 2020 CRV hybrid? I dont know if the exhaust is different.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts