Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I got the PepBoys ones as well, and they do look good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey my installation looks similar. Have you had any issues so far? would be reassuring to hear that its fine even after long trips 1hr+. thanks!

I finally installed the Pep Boys tips onto my CRV tonight. Dark out by the time I finished, so not great pics. I was able to do it with the stock bolts and as others suggested, I only installed the 10 and 2 o'clock bolts. Took about 10 minutes to put them on and another 40 minutes farting around adjusting them so they matched as close as possible (extension depth, distance from bumper, rotation). They are probably only 1/4" to 3/8" from the curved cutout of the plastic bumper. Hopefully they don't shift or anything and cause any melt, but they feel pretty darn locked on. Anyway, here's a few photos I took this morning.
View attachment 89314
View attachment 89322
View attachment 89330
View attachment 89338

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
My trip yesterday was 2 hours each way. No issues with them. Rock solid.

Hey my installation looks similar. Have you had any issues so far? would be reassuring to hear that its fine even after long trips 1hr+. thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the Pepboys prices, but really want tips like the Touring that are totally horizontal and not angled down. Also they shouldn't stick out far or touch the bumper. Has anyone tried these two on Amazon? The first one looks like the Aliexpress ones a few pages back. Looks like theres a hole in the bottom and he rear exahaust is fake. The second one looks shorter, which I like and should fit the exhaust pipe which I think is 2.5" wide.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6M0VD7

https://www.amazon.com/DSYCAR-Universal-Stainless-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B0755BY2KG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drill new drain hole?

Installed the Pep Boys extensions and like the way they look (BTW, the price has increased). Thanks to all the previous posts that made the installation go smoothly.

With the finishers at an angle, I don't know how effective the original drain hole will be, any liquid will accumulate around the rolled lip. What do you think about drilling a new hole, close to the lip?

·
Registered
584 Posts
With the finishers at an angle, I don't know how effective the original drain hole will be, any liquid will accumulate around the rolled lip. What do you think about drilling a new hole, close to the lip?
Now that the temps are dropping to below and close to freezing, I notice a lot of moisture runoff. So much that twin puddles collect on the ground. I installed my Pep Boys in June but now I think your idea would be good. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a friend from Honda dealership that can get me the original exhaust tips from Touring model $80 each
I have done this upgrade to my EX model if anyone is interested I can get you the parts that are needed for a fair price.
The diffuser that goes on the bumper can be replaced with the Touring model it’s that grey part for $140 I can get that as well.
There is not much inventory so parts are limited
The hardest part is finding the adapter or making it I have a friend from a muffler shop that can make them for $20 each

·
Registered
8 Posts
K guys, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I did something really stupid. I bought some finishers that would fit off of Amazon. I was concerned because the stock exhaust pipe curves down but the tip points straight out. Here's the dumb thing I did: I cut the exhaust pipe to take the curve part out of it. I was concerned about exhaust backing up because it was partially obstructed and didn't want it backing up into the car itself. When I put on the tip I bought, it looks great BUT touches the bumber a good deal. I took a little drive to test the heat and it got warm but not really hot. I'm afraid that any longer drive would cause it to get hot though and then melt the bumper. I found a dealer that offered Honda OEM exhaust tips, unfortunately, after the fact. So can anyone tell me with any amount of certainty, would I have a chance of using this when it comes in or did I shoot myself in the foot here? I think judging from the diagrams I saw, it may still work because I didn't cut off a huge amount. I'm worried though. Wish I would have just used OEM in the first place. Thanks everyone. I live in the U.S. but this vehicle should be the same on both continents. (Europe and North America).

·
Registered
472 Posts
If all else fails, go to a muffler shop. They usually carry lots of chrome or stainless tips and I'm sure they will make it look great.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If I was to do this I would just buy the touring mufflers and exhaust tips. But I can't justify spending that much money in exhaust so I haven't done it
K guys, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I did something really stupid. I bought some finishers that would fit off of Amazon. I was concerned because the stock exhaust pipe curves down but the tip points straight out. Here's the dumb thing I did: I cut the exhaust pipe to take the curve part out of it. I was concerned about exhaust backing up because it was partially obstructed and didn't want it backing up into the car itself. When I put on the tip I bought, it looks great BUT touches the bumber a good deal. I took a little drive to test the heat and it got warm but not really hot. I'm afraid that any longer drive would cause it to get hot though and then melt the bumper. I found a dealer that offered Honda OEM exhaust tips, unfortunately, after the fact. So can anyone tell me with any amount of certainty, would I have a chance of using this when it comes in or did I shoot myself in the foot here? I think judging from the diagrams I saw, it may still work because I didn't cut off a huge amount. I'm worried though. Wish I would have just used OEM in the first place. Thanks everyone. I live in the U.S. but this vehicle should be the same on both continents. (Europe and North America).

141 - 160 of 193 Posts