Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
One big advantage in buying 'factory' is fit, especially clearing any trim.
I also did what was suggested by one owner and bought longer bolts 33mm. Made it much easier squeezing the clamp in a limited space.
I agree on the side look, it is mostly only the owner that would even be aware of that. I actually expected something more plain from Honda, these look more like 'premium' aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought the tips from Pep Boys and installed them, but I can't get over downward facing chrome tips so I took them the same day. Anyone in the Richmond, VA area want them for free? message me.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
new owner here, but is the rear under garnish on the EX, replaceable with the touring trim garnish. might help with clearance for tips.
Garnish can be swapped but the cans on touring come out straight and ex/exl angle down so you’ would need a muffler shop to cut and weld the tourring tips on or your angled tips would be more visible with the contoured touring accents

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys i recently upgrade my crv 2018 ex with garnish touring and also add a pair of chrome exhaust tip on it, but i want to hear about how it looks with those new crhome tips

·
Registered
1 Posts
My understanding is the Touring model has different mufflers the the EX's. Please share more about part numbers and costs. Thank you. Rich ~

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the rear garnish or diffuser from a guy from offer up and about the chrome tip u just need to take it to a muffler shop so they can cut the existing ugly tip lol and weld a chrome tip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ps: the rear diffuser or garnish its oem part and he also sell the oem chrome exhaust tip, but its kind of expensive for just some chrome tips, but i got mine from the same muffler shop

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have had the same Superior Stainless tips on mine since June 2017. They totaled $20.65 then and look great even now, they seem impervious to road salt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the same Superior Stainless tips on mine since June 2017. They totaled $20.65 then and look great even now, they seem impervious to road salt.
Mine are still looking good too. Just polished them this morning. They get a little black spot, right at the center, bottom, where the condensation drips off. It comes right off with Brasso. ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also bought the Superior / PepBoys tips, and they do not hold up to Northeast salt. Both are rusting and a pain to polish back to shiny. I'm considering taking them off and going back to no tips...

161 - 180 of 193 Posts