Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally owned my CR-V for a few months now and looking to do some upgrades (just bolt on i.e exhaust, header, intake). Most of you all have had more experience with them as this is my first one. Unfortunately its automatic. Looking for an exhaust that doesnt make it sound raspy or make it sound like a riced out auto civic (ones where its real loud and you know they are automatic). Something with just some more air flow and nice tone. Nothing to dramatic. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
776 Posts
My initial concern would be a possible voiding of my warranty. Assuming that doesn't apply here, I'm sure there are multiple threads here that discuss this very topic. Craig

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 99. So no warranty there. Fairly new to the site. Logged on maybe 4 times so far. But I'll dig through and see what I can find.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I dont believe there is a "cat back" unit available for the V.

You will probably need to buy a muffler you like and go to a muffler shop and have them install the hangers and bend a new tube from the cat back unless you go with just an axle back.

There is threads about doing a custom exhaust on a 1st gen as the resonator is HUGE and people wanted to get a smaller one giving more overall ground clearance. It did work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts