Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
49 Posts
We've been buying the Peach wood trim pieces from eBay and Amazon. Total cost so far has been $120 for 1) 4 dash vents, 2) shifter trim, 3) 4 door window switch trim, and 4) two piece trim that runs down the sides of the center console. We have been happy with the quality and color match of the trim pieces we have received so far.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been buying the Peach wood trim pieces from eBay and Amazon. Total cost so far has been $120 for 1) 4 dash vents, 2) shifter trim, 3) 4 door window switch trim, and 4) two piece trim that runs down the sides of the center console. We have been happy with the quality and color match of the trim pieces we have received so far.
Does it match the original and is it hard to install?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it is a pretty close match to the OEM. Simple install, clean the area the trim is to be installed, apply the glue prep. (comes with the trim pieces), peal off the double sided tape protector strip, heat the trim piece with hair dryer (to make it more pliable), line it up and press it into place.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’m considering the addition of aftermarket interior peach wood trim in our 2019 CV-R Touring. While the original wood trim looks great I need your input on the appearance and quality of the aftermarket variety.

Looking forward to replies.

Example: https://www.carid.com/2019-honda-cr...h-kit-large-kit-835930625.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Touring
I actually like the color of the trim in the link you posted better than the original in the crv. It's darker and looks more like a burled wood. Very pretty! I'd like that in my 2018 crv instead of the lighter, matte original trim.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now to convince my wife! ��

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like you I wanted to add extra wood trim to dress up my 2020 CRV. I ordered from several companies, but none of them matched the wood that came with the car. All of them were copper paint with dark wood grain applied on top. When compared with the wood in the car, the color is off, there was no warm yellow glow that wood has. I ended up spray painting all the trim pieces with transparent yellow, then clear mat spray to get the pieces to match the wood already in the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like you I wanted to add extra wood trim to dress up my 2020 CRV. I ordered from several companies, but none of them matched the wood that came with the car. All of them were copper paint with dark wood grain applied on top. When compared with the wood in the car, the color is off, there was no warm yellow glow that wood has. I ended up spray painting all the trim pieces with transparent yellow, then clear mat spray to get the pieces to match the wood already in the car.
Interesting. Got any pics? What paint did you use?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting. Got any pics? What paint did you use?
I will try to take some and post them. I used was was described as transparent yellow, that can be used on glass. Hobby shops have red, blue, green, even orange, but not yellow spray. After I put 2 coats of yellow, I used clear mat, to take the shiny surface away.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts
I will try to take some and post them. I used was was described as transparent yellow, that can be used on glass. Hobby shops have red, blue, green, even orange, but not yellow spray. After I put 2 coats of yellow, I used clear mat, to take the shiny surface away.
Wow, a lot of work. Are you satisfied with the results?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, a lot of work. Are you satisfied with the results?
Yes I am, it was some work, I really wanted to add more wood trim or I wouldn't have gone through all that. Since my CRV came with some wood trim, I wanted to added more, but I wanted it to look realistic.

I would say that doing the painting to the additional wood trim made them blend much better with what was in the car already. They are not an exact match but they come much closer to the wood that came with the car.

The wood kit came with several pieces I didnt use. I only used the one around the transmission selector, the one around the cup holders, the one around the middle and 2 side A/C vents. I also installed pieces on top of the window controls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I am, it was some work, I really wanted to add more wood trim or I wouldn't have gone through all that. Since my CRV came with some wood trim, I wanted to added more, but I wanted it to look realistic.

I would say that doing the painting to the additional wood trim made them blend much better with what was in the car already. They are not an exact match but they come much closer to the wood that came with the car.

The wood kit came with several pieces I didnt use. I only used the one around the transmission selector, the one around the cup holders, the one around the middle and 2 side A/C vents. I also installed pieces on top of the window controls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts