Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in another thread mentioned they installed Opt7 H11 LED's as their low beams and they were plug and play. Here they are...

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Fluxbea...UTF8&qid=1486562304&sr=8-1&keywords=opt+7+h11

I'm hesitant to do this upgrade - worried I may fry stock wiring or overheat the light casings. After all my CRV is new and has no problems and I want to leave it that way. At the same time I'd love to upgrade the lighting on the car and think the EXL projectors would look great retrofitted with some brighter LED's. I have the Sirius LED fogs on order already and also understand the light color would match a little better going LED for both. I'm torn.

Does anyone have experience with these LED's? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are worried about burning down your vehicle you should probably buy the factory replacement assembly or just live with what you have.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I used the H11 from Xenon Depot on my last car. They have copper heat sinks to take care of the heat. Worked fine the whole time I had the car.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You are probably talking about me. I have opt7 and had them for 2 weeks already and no heat issue with them even after having them on for a while they are slightly warm. My advice is dont cheap out on them. Get a good set. You can go Philips will run about $140 but will last forever. Make sure you use everything it comes with Resistors and all. Keep your wires nice and tied up and not moving or jumping around you should be fine.
I bought the newer model of opt7 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122179479642 ebay
P.s these bearly had clearance on the left side where the washing fluld tank was check to see how much space you have thats only if you buy a different brand and not the one i bought. The heatsink sticks out a bit. I could see problems if the heatsinks are bigger on other brands of led.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are probably talking about me. I have opt7 and had them for 2 weeks already and no heat issue with them even after having them on for a while they are slightly warm. My advice is dont cheap out on them. Get a good set. You can go Philips will run about $140 but will last forever. Make sure you use everything it comes with Resistors and all. Keep your wires nice and tied up and not moving or jumping around you should be fine.
I bought the newer model of opt7 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122179479642 ebay
P.s these bearly had clearance on the left side where the washing fluld tank was check to see how much space you have thats only if you buy a different brand and not the one i bought. The heatsink sticks out a bit. I could see problems if the heatsinks are bigger on other brands of led.
Thank you for the detail!

Do you have the EX-L with the projectors?

Also where did you mount the resistor? Or did you just tie this up with the extra cabling?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I'm going to order these same ones.

How do they look? Are they considerably brighter that the stock halogens?

·
Registered
95 Posts
are those LED "BULBS" suffer from the same issues like when the HID bulb conversions were the craze? You know, the beam output was harsh and all over the place and blinds people.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The low beam are bright but the output is aimed very good i hadnt had anyone flash their lights at me. The fog are a different story they are normal led with no ballast much weaker then the low beam. The fog lens on the crv seem to be narrow. They do shoot left and right but not high. I am not sure how it will affect incoming traffic. But if it does affect other cars i wont use them unless i need them. Also the fog lights have these lens at each end on them like a projector. Anyway untested for now. But the opt7 h11 on my low beams are no problem Perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My opt7 h11 led's have arrived but they won't turn on:/. The manual says to disconnect flexbeam plug adapter and flip 180 and reconnect....still nothing. So it says to remove the plastic tab between the prongs. It's getting dark here so I'll try again tomorrow. Any suggestions???

I figured out my problem I wasn't using the adapters. Plugged the adapters in between the driver and stock wiring and I'm good to go!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the OPT7 LED headlight set yesterday... initially one of the headlamps didnt work (I isolated the issue to the red box) but for some reason it started working. Maybe a loose wire or bad solder joint inside the line somewhere... unfortunately one of the headlamps' fan isn't turning on, and in the 30 seconds it took to take this comparison picture, it gets HOT! Going to request a return now...

Anyone have other LED headlight manufacturer recommendations?

BEFORE/AFTER:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am also looking to upgrade my EX with LED.Any one else has upgraded with different brand or any other recommendation ,installation tips will be helpful?
Also whoever installed low beam and fog lights to LED but left the high beam to Hallogen do you think when it will create light color mismatch?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I did not install LED's on my CR-V as I got a Touring. I did replace halogens on my last car with LED's. I bought from Xenon Depot. The ones I bought, high and low beam, used a copper collar arrangement for cooling so I did not have to worry about the fan operating.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi buggingout67,
Which Phiilips one you are referring to? can you please provide us the link.
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not install LED's on my CR-V as I got a Touring. I did replace halogens on my last car with LED's. I bought from Xenon Depot. The ones I bought, high and low beam, used a copper collar arrangement for cooling so I did not have to worry about the fan operating.
Installed my set from xenondepot. Have to say that I'm so much more impressed with this set, over my Opt7's

As promised, pics:

1 - 20 of 214 Posts