Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Won’t plastidip be subject to coming off if you actually load cargo on the roof?

If it’s just for cosmetic purposes no issue.
I agree that the PlastiDip is (whatever the opposite of putting lipstick on a pig is). Most of the loading I would do (cargo box, for example) would straight to the cross bars which will be black to begin with. But yeah the occasional ikea box or something would probably involve lashing to the rails. The one from Amazon that starts black is probably a better bet than any fish I'd apply -- assume it should be the same finish you see on most other black roof rack components. We'll see maybe somebody who has the black one (there are a few "manufacturers" on Amazon all probably with the same product) will chime in here.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aesthetics is always personal. Maybe I’m just old-school that sport racks and rails are black, contrasting especially better on a white car consistent with some of the elements elsewhere on the car. Admittedly, there is chrome adornment too, arguing for silver rails. The silver rails look good too.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is true it is personal. I have a white CR-V and I think the silver blends in pretty well. You can see the pic as my profile picture

See the attached picture
Thx yup have seen silver and you can see black on white in the product I linked in OP. There’s enough black on the lower part of the car that black rails “frame” the car. I saw somebody post in another thread they want the StormTrooper look, LOL.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx. You must have a vanity plate because you went to the trouble to remove an emblem yet promote your plate. :) If you're going to have a plate frame given the chrome directly above yes I see choosing chrome for a plate frame.

I see plenty of white cars with both black and silver in the mix. It can come down to function. The protective trim near the bottom / bumper (even some on grill), fender flares: black. The sport-functioned stuff: black. Other things get chrome / silver. And I do think white in particular is where this can be done well (based on Subarus and a Lexus NX I saw yesterday which somehow had black rails).

So far this thread has been more about about color choice, less on aftermarket rail quality (not that I've helped, plus I want input on both).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.