Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put roof rails on my 2019 CRV, but I don't like the stock Honda style. I want a gap between the rail and the roof so that I can tie stuff down.
Fenza offers this sort of rail on EBay.
But before shipping the rails to Panama where I live, I want an idea of what the installation entails. Fenza says they will send instructions AFTER I buy (EBay rules--go figure.
Does anyone have experience with these rails? Or other suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I wasn't able to find detailed instructions, but the information on the website says:
  • Easy Installation
  • No Drilling Required
  • Installation Professional Recommended
To me that means they are going to bolt into the existing bolt holes on the roof. The only thing I'd add is that the threads in the holes probably have paint in them, so the correct tap may be needed to clean the paint out so the mounting bolts fit correctly.

https://www.fenzausa.com/collection...ls-performance-style-for-2017-2019-honda-cr-v

Of course it's probably going to be a bit more involved, as looking at the instructions for the Honda rack there's some trim removal and cutting involved.

https://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/17rack.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I greatly appreciate your response.
My concern here in Panama is finding a competent person for installation. It would seem that a body-work mechanic would be in order.
NOBODY will say that they can't do it. Many will botch it.
There is mention of a Honda plastic removal tool. To avoid someone here from using a claw hammer or whatever I am thinking of ordering just such a tool from Amazon.
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
A car parts store probably has a selection of vehicle trim removal tools, which would be cheaper than paying for shipping.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Older thread, I know. I just took a look at the link you've provided for the Fenza roof rails and cross bars. I would be cautious of these as there is NO WEIGHT CAPACITY listed for them. Honda's OEM rails are rated for 160#'s I believe. These only say, "It Improve the appearance of your Vehicle." Just sayin'… ?‍♂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts